Tiscali

darrell.cook

I have heard and read various things about tiscalli supposedly broadband and none of them are good, If im not mistaken i think they had to withdraw an advertising campaign not so long ago because it was misleading.

Ive got AOL broadband over a BT line but i have to log on each time i use it to get acess to the internet or email. I have tried my connection speeds at various test sites and always had good returns.The reason i chose aol over BT was because of their technical support.Have you ever tried to get through to Bt tech support :mad:

The only bad thing about AOL BB is they only recomend Mcaffe firewall as norton firewall, zone alarm and many others have "known issues" :confused: ,but they do make the Mcaffe fire wall available for free download.

I think if cable was available in our area then i would have probably gone for that instead.

Regards Paul Mc

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an anytime type dialup account with Lineone, which was something to do with BT. They were taken over by Tiscali. When I tried to close the account, I just got no response until I got BT to take over the account. I keep the BT (Anytime?) account going for emergencies and keep the lineone dialup for their email and free SMS. Outlook now seems unable to download the lineone(tiscali) messages and I have to visit their website to delete them. Most of the viruses were coming via tiscali spam emails. Anti-spam, filters etc all cost extra with the dialup tiscali connection. I think I shall be dropping it!

I can send Hotmail emails via the broadband connection, no trouble, but for every other email account, I have to use their dialup connection.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

paul mc:

.The reason i chose aol over BT was because of their technical support..

sorry paul, you have got to be joking, aol tech support has to be one of the worst going, they dont read what you tell them, the amount of times i have put "im using aol 8 and win98se" and their 1st question to you is "what version of aol and windows are you using" and their answer for every problem seems to be

1.. unistall aol adapter

2. delete global.org files

3. clear your cache and history.

4. re-install aol with a fresh disc.

if that dont work its normally "please consult your computer vendor"

I'm sure aol tech help staff are taken from the streets and told, "just read from this manual when someone calls and finish with sorry go to your comp vendor if you get stuck.

sorry paul, aol tech help is c**p, the only reason i stay with them is because they are the easiest isp to use(even though they take over your comp)

Nigenibbles,I have to agree with what you say about AOL.The bl***y thing literally takes over the pc :mad: :mad: .Perhaps we where just unlucky, but we had many problems with it,apart from the usual, ie being cut off just as you get to a site :mad: .Dont know what the broadband version is like though.I will repeat what i said earlier, that Telewest broadband, up to now has been excellent for us.There is a fair amount on telewest's own site,apart from the speed advantage of it.

Chuby

nigelnibbles:

nigelnibbles:

.The reason i chose aol over BT was because of their technical support..

sorry paul, you have got to be joking, aol tech support has to be one of the worst going, they dont read what you tell them, the amount of times i have put "im using aol 8 and win98se" and their 1st question to you is "what version of aol and windows are you using" and their answer for every problem seems to be

1.. unistall aol adapter

2. delete global.org files

3. clear your cache and history.

4. re-install aol with a fresh disc.

I have only ever had a couple of problems that i couldnt sort myself. but now that you mention it they did tell me to do that and it fixed my problem.So maybe i have just been lucky. I have had a few probs with my BT modem drivers though but all seems to be ok after a clean re-install.

I suppose it just depends on which foriegner you get to when you call thier call centre.

Regards Paul Mc

Hi all

id love BB but not likly in Hambledon for some time:(

can anyone help me with this

my bt bill

charges for

:rental of btyahoo internet services(£17.85 a quarter

:rental of bt surftime evening and weekends package (£17.87 a quarter

am i being charged for the same service twice or is this ok????

billy

Hi Billy ..

I'm on the same setup as you, and get the same print on my bills.

You are not being charged twice for the same service .. it's just BTs way of confusing you !

The Older I get .. The better I was.