Which Center PIN ?

76jerry

Managed to make a bit of time this afternoon to tidy up the lever a bit. A bit of an improvement but would be much better if it was in the right place.

attachicon.gifSheffield03.jpg

Looking good - any prospect of you making a few more of these if asked nicely? :) Pleeeeese??? :D

I'd hate to try to play a double figure carp on a reel with no handles!!!!

Mat

I don't mind it for a double figure barbel or two, but for a poxy carp it would do my head in as well. :)

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Looking good - any prospect of you making a few more of these if asked nicely? :) Pleeeeese??? :D

Although it was a fairly simple thing to make, it took an excessive amount of time and a lot of fiddling to do it with the equipment I have so unfortunately I will not be making any more. It just goes to show the difference between generating a shape manually with the aid of machine tools and c.n.c. machining which of course is why the likes of a Chris Lythe reel is more than 5 times expensive than a Okuma. Would be far better if Okuma incorprated a better placed check system.

I'm surprised no-one's suggested the AN pin. Are these still being made? I haven't heard from Andy in ages. If they are, I personally wouldn't look any further. I have a Sheffield and an AN pin, and the Sheffield has been relegated to the back on the cupboard since getting the AN pin. Lighter, lower start-up inertia, longer spinning time, not expensive, and customisable.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I'm surprised no-one's suggested the AN pin. Are these still being made? I haven't heard from Andy in ages. If they are, I personally wouldn't look any further. I have a Sheffield and an AN pin, and the Sheffield has been relegated to the back on the cupboard since getting the AN pin. Lighter, lower start-up inertia, longer spinning time, not expensive, and customisable.

Have you got a pic of one?

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Have you got a pic of one?

Here's the review by Chris Plumb: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Tackle-And-Bait-Reviews/anglersnet_centrepin.html

I was lucky enough to get one of the first ones, as Andy lent it to me for feedback on a fish-in at the Itchen a few years ago. I liked it so much I bought it off him!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Here's the review by Chris Plumb: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Tackle-And-Bait-Reviews/anglersnet_centrepin.html

I was lucky enough to get one of the first ones, as Andy lent it to me for feedback on a fish-in at the Itchen a few years ago. I liked it so much I bought it off him!

Cheers. I'm not sure about the graphics - a bit over-done, maybe - but apart from that it's a good-looking reel.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."