Edited post.

poledark

It would appear that someone has a problem with the post I put on the "sad state of carp" thread.

Apparently they read the word in asterisks as Bastards and not as ********.

As I am unable to re read the post I cannot comment more, but I am sure I put a comma between the words "you three" and the word in asterisks.

My phrase would have read..."I have one word to say to you three, b######s"

And not,,,,,"I have one word to say to you three b######s"

A HUGE difference!!!!!!

If I am wrong then I AM REALLY REALLY SORRY to have caused offence. If I am right then at least the mod who removed the post could put it back so I can check for my possible mistake.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

LOL The joy of the 'impersonalness' of internet postings. We often get to mininterpret posts.

Not sure who edited it, Den, but I'm sure they'll see this and sort it.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I took grave offence

I also sometimes wonder at the dreaded auto censor thing.

That it was censored long after the event, and pointlessly so, cheered me up no end! But then I do tend see things from a different perspective to some other folk!! Well, there some strange folk about.

The perspectives held by some of the posters on this site, well :confused: , need I say more.

P.S. Den, ********, couldn't find it in Chambers so clearly I was wrong !

[ 27. February 2004, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

A snippet of (sometimes) useful trivia.

The search forum facility seems to search on original posts, whether deleted/edited, and to display the title of the thread containing the searched for phrase.

(Though you cannot then open the deleted threads or view a thread in it's original unedited state).

Try a search of the coarse forum, over the last 5 days, using the phrase 'you three b******s'

It would seem that someone used that in that thread Den (it's the way I remembered it!)

But it doesn't return anything for 'you three , b******s'

Your honour I rest my case!

(And knowing Den personally, I took it as one of his jokes. That's the problem in conversing with mates in public, others around hear what's being said, don't know the full context and are likely to jump to the wrong conclusions)

[ 27. February 2004, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I read it as barstewards too, but assumed it was in good humour. Now it's mentioned, there could have been a comma, but I don't really know.

Thanks Leon for the tip,

So I really do have to apologise again,

SORRY for the mix up and VERY SORRY if it caused offence.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Dear Den,

You might like to reserve an apology for me if indeed I cared a fig, which of course I do not.

I don't even know what everyones on about. I get so many internet insults, veiled and naked, thrown at me I can't see any of them coming any way. I just take the pies as they come.

I do seriously doubt though Den, if Lord Waller could ever take serious offence off anything said on the internet.

So can we take off our party frocks now and get back into long pant's again?

Regards,

Lee.

Lid:

I read it as barstewards too, but assumed it was in good humour. Now it's mentioned, there could have been a comma, but I don't really know.

OK, time to abandon the search for the Holy Grail, Lord Lucan and Atlantis - and divert resources into ....the quest for Poledark's Comma!

Oh yes, 'tis a worthy devotion for any adventurer, an' no mistake. Now, I must away to find me a fast ship, a brave crew and a deck-bivvy with a telly in it. Avast behind, I'm bound for Den's Comma on the early tide!

Er...me hearties!

Terry :D

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.