Digital camera

darrell.cook

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for the camera? and wiped the reader ones?

Or have you tried uninstalling them totally, and connecting the camera up and hoping Plug N Play will help you out?

Not to clued up on drivers etc, I just use a card reader, as it does not draw from the camera's battery when putting pictures on the computer.

Gillies :)

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes , I uninstalled the twain from add/remove progs , rebooted , successfully reinstalled and rebooted again. Still the same result. The twain is trying to read from a cf-reader card , it shouldnt , but should read from the cameras own memory on start up . The camera is conected to the mains supply , not batteries.

Was just going to try the plug n play thing and have noticed that when I uninstall the twain from add/remove progs it says it been uninstalled correctly .....however although its no longer in the add /remove programes , it still opens up when clicked on from any of the photo editing progs installed on my comp .

This is driving me up the wall.

Local camera shop tells me that a digital video camera does not make a good digital still camera.

They recommend using two seperate cameras, they reckon the quality will be better, and could possibly work out cheaper ?

Looking at the prices in the US, I'm tempted to wait. Anything I need to consider if I bought a digital camera and video camera from over the pond ?

yoxer:

Yoxer, I am not technicaly minded so posted on the computer help section and there were a few answers. It turned out that my computer would not recognise the driver for the camera if the scanner driver was installed and vise versa. All a bit complicated so I settled for the camera driver until help arrived. I have no idea how he did it but if you contact remco@rainfrog.nl he may be able to help you out.

I would like a video camera but Norrie and Davy won't let me :(

Luck.

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Too Bleedin' right mate, not on my/our boats. :rolleyes::rolleyes: theres no room on mine for one. :D

[ 05. March 2004, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Ta Alan , I havnt downloaded anything or knowingly changed any settings lately and the camera always worked ok before ( with the scanner still conected up ) Ive have disabled the scanner and it makes no difference.

I have a feeling that the comp isnt seeing the camera , either that or the conection port on the camera end isnt working . The cable plugs into the camera by a thin needle type connector and I dont think it would take much wear on this to effect the transfer. Its a drastic remedy but I think its time to get rid of this piece of junk and get one caple of usb ports. Damn.

darrell.cook:

Local camera shop tells me that a digital video camera does not make a good digital still camera.

They recommend using two seperate cameras, they reckon the quality will be better, and could possibly work out cheaper ?

Looking at the prices in the US, I'm tempted to wait. Anything I need to consider if I bought a digital camera and video camera from over the pond ?

Seem to have lost my thread somewhere ?

Any help for me ? Would be appreciated.

Darrell & others, there's lots of info on this thread: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/ubb/ultimatebb...t=000006#000039

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Darrell, video camera still image will be VERY low grade compared to a digi camera (unless things have changed since I bought one :D .

Basically get as high a pixel count as you can afford and as long a zoom as you can afford.

Money spent well now will save you changing later.

Other thing to beware is if you buy in US and the camera breaks down you will probably have to send it back to be fixed under the warranty.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Last year I bought a Fujifilm S304. It is 3.2 megapixel with 6x optical zoom, and has a macro option. It can also be used as a digicam at 640x480 and the same as a webcam. It has a low power consumtion and 4xAA Duracell batteries seem to last forever for outside use. All indoor use is done using external power supply.

I am more than pleased with it. I think that if you want to pay about the £250 mark it's the bee's knee's

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.