argos

frodo_uk

quote:

The fisging gear in our catalogues may not always be the top end stuff but as nagling becomes more popular it would be well over £600
Couldn't help but take quotes from your post and stick them together as a summary...it makes great reading lol :D:D:D

fat, stupid hobbit.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha frodo!!

as u can tell i was typing rapidly before going to a meeting!!

i have included a translation chart below:

fisging = fishing

nagling = angling

liked what you did, and probably very true!!!

PoleMaster:

Just thought id post a quick reply to this as i work for Argos Head office!

So, you'll be able to find out that I was stockroom manager for both Felixstowe and Ipswich stores in the past :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

When goodies are exclusive and then sold at a 'reduced price', could someone please explain what that price is reduced from? A mythical RRP perhaps? And in what way are they exclusive? The serial number perhaps?

That aside, all power to Argos's elbow if it brings more people into angling.

Peter Waller:

When goodies are exclusive and then sold at a 'reduced price', could someone please explain what that price is reduced from?  

The price they previously sold them at, or the RRP, presumably.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Peter Waller:

That aside, all power to Argos's elbow if it brings more people into angling.

Just as long as it's not pike angling, eh Peter?

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Nothing wrong with Argos. You can nitpick them to death but where else can you buy fishing tackle on sunday or indeed most of the stuff that they sell? Prices are either good or bad, thats the problem that catalogue shops face. Your local tackle shop can reduce its prices overnight, but its a long slow process when you try to do the same within a catalogue, so it aint perfect, but it is the most convenient way to shop that I know. You can even reserve the stuff in advance and avoid the queue. On Tuesday we bought for £20 a 3.5 million candlewatt torch Nearest equivalent in B&Q was £65. Couldnt find one anywhere else, but Argos had a choice of 3/4.

Its good to see so much tackle available in stores within easy reach, they seem to be trying hard to sell the right kind of stuff..and bait too.

[ 02. September 2005, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Elton:

Elton:

When goodies are exclusive and then sold at a 'reduced price', could someone please explain what that price is reduced from?  

The price they previously sold them at, or the RRP, presumably.
But these are new to their catalogue this year, Elton, so it can only be the dreaded, and largely meaningless, RRP.

And being 'exclusive' means no direct comparisons on price.

But as I say, all power to their elbows, so long as they don't sell pike gags, aye Andy!

Wasn't a 'nudge, nudge' in there was there was there, Andy , by any strange chance :D ?

[ 02. September 2005, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]