argos

frodo_uk

I see argos have upgraded their fishing section. There's actually some decent stuff that a self respecting angler might actually consider purchasing. No not those flimsy kingfisher rod and reels sets for beginners lol . I reckon the carp starter kit including rods reels bivvy pods bite alarms bags trolley and loads more all for 250 notes is a bargain , I'm almost tempted. I cant help feeling though that i want to support the humble small guy runing his own business. what do you lot reckon?

[ 28. August 2005, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: frodo_uk ]

fat, stupid hobbit.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard they bought out index (but could be wrong) i wonder how the prices will change no the comps gone ,got our new tent last week at a bargain price ,with the reduction it now costs what its worth :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I saw their full page advert in IYCF magazine this month too. I'm sure the tackle shops are thrilled with the news..................

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

quote:

I'm sure the tackle shops are thrilled with the news..................
much needed competition for the lower end of the market ,tackle shops can make a profit when the user trades up

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

quote:

I'm sure the tackle shops are thrilled with the news..................  
much needed competition for the lower end of the market ,tackle shops can make a profit when the user trades up
Very true.

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

According to the browning rep who services our area all of the Browning/Zebco gear for sale in Argos is not in this years catalouge. In other words its last years stock.

I wonder if the big manufacturers/suppliers are just mass dumping of old stock. If thats true then how do you go on about getting parts or replacement sections?

That said the Daiwa gear looks good,be interesting to see if all the stuff from all of the suppliers in their catalouge is current or old.

you have a problem getting parts with current models,so they change the graphics every year they certainly dont redesign them internally or make great changes externally a rod is a rod a reel a reel :rolleyes:

most chinese reels are clones of each other, a little bit of paint makes them different and a known manufacturers graphics a triple/quadrouple price increase from the rest of the manufacturers "run" that day

[ 28. August 2005, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

ive been goin through argos since i started fishing but i will not buy any rod/reels from them as i feel there is no close bond between the fisher and the argos stores, although some things caught my eye like nets tackle boxes and things like that, there is a keep net landing net for £20 im definetly buying next week

Leeda 2XL Coarse Net Set. £19.99

* Angling foundation approved 3m x 45cm keepnet supplied with bankstick.

* Angling foundation approved 50cm pan landing net.

* Telescopic fibreglass handle 2.3m long.

* Nets supplied in a water resistant bag.

Posted Image

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk