Has anyone read this? Sorta boring I thought

Newt

The boss of a big company needed to call one of his employees about an urgent problem with one of the main computers. He dialed the employees home phone number and was greeted with a child's whispered, "Hello?" Feeling put out at the inconvenience of having to talk to a youngster the boss asked, "Is your Daddy home?" "Yes", whispered Little Johnny. May I talk with him?" the man asked. To the surprise of the boss, Little Johnny whispered, "No." Wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, "Is your Mommy there?" "Yes", came the answer. "May I talk with her?" Again Little Johnny whispered, "No." Knowing that it was not likely that a young child would be left home alone, the boss decided he would just leave a message with the person who should be there watching over the child. "Is there any one there besides you?" the boss asked the child. "Yes", whispered Little Johnny, "A policeman." Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, "May I speak with the policeman?" "No, he's busy", whispered Little Johnny. "Busy doing what?" asked the boss. "Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the Fireman", came the whispered answer. Growing concerned and even worried as he heard what sounded like a helicopter through the ear piece on the phone the boss asked, "What is that noise?" "A hello-copper", answered the whispering Little Johnny. "What is going on there?" asked the boss, now alarmed. In an awed whispering voice Little Johnny answered, "The search team just landed the hello-copper!" Alarmed, concerned and more than just a little frustrated the boss asked, "Why are they there?" Still whispering, Little Johnny replied along with a muffled giggle,

"They're looking for me!"

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Newt:

[QB] The actual Diary of Anne Frank

I am quite surprised at some of the postings to this topic.

I was under the impression that Anne Frank died of Typhus at Bergen-Belsen at the age of 15.

As for her being a Martyr, she was and still is an example to many Dutch children. A lot of schools are named after her.

I think she was also a German Jew and when Hitler declared war on the Jews he stripped any German Jews of there nationality.

As for the basic "joke", very ill informed and a bit sad :(

Alan(nl)

[ 11. March 2004, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Originally posted by Newt:

[QB] The actual Diary of Anne Frank

Can be found at www.annefrank.com then follow the links to excerpts.

If the link does not work (they never do for me :D ) will someone fix it please, it makes interesting reading

Alan(nl)

[ 11. March 2004, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

Cod Stopper, no problems :)

I do have a sick sense of humour anyway :D

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Little Tinca:

The link works fine Alan.

Thanks Tinca, it took me 3 edits to get it working :(

The story is really worth reading.

I told one of the teachers about the topic today and he laughed at the diary idea and then got serious about school visits to Anne Franks house (voluntary), the children (14 to 16 years old) were very impressed that a girl of about there age could put up with so much.

Cheers all

Alan(nl)

Sense of humour's strange innit. I just read Jim's' hiding joke three times, but I just cannot find it funny at all. The missus thinks it's good, but even though I can see what's meant to be amusing about it, it just doesn't work for me!

Sorry Jim!

[ 11. March 2004, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Lid ]