Proved Right (sadly)

robtherake

I'm confused. How was it manslaughter rather than murder? They committed a crime (arson) that lead directly to the deaths.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Newt. The prosecution must not have been able to prove there was an intent to kill.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

What Cory said Newt, In your system if somebody commits a crime, or is party to a crime and a death occurs then it is one of your degrees of homicide, here, it must be shown there was an intent to kill, either "Express or Implied", ie. if he was intent on killing the children or was for instance unaware that the children were there but wanted to kill the next door neighbour then it would be Murder. Arson, with intent to endanger life also carries a life sentance. They will both go away for a mandatory life sentance, which they will probably both elect to spend in solitary.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Hmmm. I suppose that him being a Roman Catholic has nothing to do with why he had such a large family?

Would make it seem more normal, I suppose, if you can apply that word in any sense to such a dysfunctional arrangement - I'd have thought his priest would have a thing or two to say about the five women the 17 kids were born to, though.

And i suppose its got nowt to do with him being a filthy benefit scrounging control freak who loved to have power over defenseless women then ?

I listened to some people and a physiologist last night about him, it was all about him and his power and control over women, he wanted to be the virile he man who could impregnate any woman he wanted.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

What Cory said Newt, In your system if somebody commits a crime, or is party to a crime and a death occurs then it is one of your degrees of homicide, here, it must be shown there was an intent to kill, either "Express or Implied", ie. if he was intent on killing the children or was for instance unaware that the children were there but wanted to kill the next door neighbour then it would be Murder. Arson, with intent to endanger life also carries a life sentance. They will both go away for a mandatory life sentance, which they will probably both elect to spend in solitary.

I am cheered by this, as I was under the impression they were being tried solely for manslaughter, which carries a much lesser sentence, does it not?

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

According to the reports this morning Rob, manslaughter has the maximum of life.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I'm not the ghoulish type, but I'd like to be there to see their faces when sentence is passed. Bastards.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Quite a few offences carry "Life" Nick, Ranging from Murder through to Agg. Burglary. What differs is the guidelines the Judge has to follow when dishing out the time, The Judge could for instance sentance him to 12 years on each count, consectutive sentances, therefore on first count he could be eligable for release after 8 years but the next count is activated and so he would be eligable for release after 6 x 8 years or 48years, if she sentances him to "life" she will make a recommendation as to time before release.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

It was mentioned also this morning that a " proportionate sentence " is passed on them both.

DERBY TELEGRAPH REPORT

Edited by Andrew

“Vescere bracis meis”