Tasteless or funny?

JaMiMa

Ferret1959:

So "in the 'eyes' of God " am I still married?

And therefore a sinner by going with other wimmin since my wife left me?

Dave - I don't remember anywhere that God stated, or even strongly hinted, that monogamy was a rule or even that She was in favor of it.

So my guess is that you are safe. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been letting this one run before posting any reply. I have to say, I am astounded by the number of posts

Early last week Newt posted a 'joke' regarding the diary of Anne Frank. One of my own posts on that thread was regarding the positive way humour can bring things to mind. Lest we forget etc, etc.

We are now (approximately) half way through lent. The shops are stacked with eggs, and Easter breaks are being planned. How many people even considered the reason for having Easter?

There is a very special story about forgiveness and re-birth etc etc. In these very troubled times, maybe more thought should be given to forgiving and making a fresh start.

My source for this 'joke' was the father of a personal friend who also happens to be a Methodist Minister.. He was pondering his 1st lent surmon and was asking himself if anybody remembers the true meaning of Easter.

Don't touch my Easter Egss, I'll be back on Sunday.

It was to be his opening gambit.......

Before I get inudated with replies regarding the hijacking of pagan festivals etc, no Easter doesn't have a 'date', yes it is celebrated on a date that is something to do with the moon and stars and alignment and equinoxes etc, but it is a time that the christian church is able to use to remember one of its most significant moments.

Forgiveness.

Now, all kiss and make up....

nursejudy:

:D      :D   Ferrett

i'm doing my best i'm praying for Y***R

Sadly, Nursey, like their subject, your prayers are a waste of breath. :rolleyes:

I think even the Good Samaritan would have nutted Yoxer.

Terry

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Several years ago, I was in touch with a group of Black Activists. (Sorry if that offends some folk).

We got to discuss religion, and why Jesus was always portrayed as a `White man`.

I stated, it was simply the artists desire to sell his paintings to his benefactor. Probably a rich european. But that the predominantly white congregations prefered it that way?

I then said, as Jesus was a native Palestinian Jew, he was most probably a much darker shade than the new `Christians` felt comfortable with.

So. The activists exclaimed. You agree that Jesus wasn`t white? Yes. I replied.

Could you concieve that god wasn`t white either? They prompted.

I simply replied. "I`m sure she wasn`t"!!

After all. We`ve `Mother Nature`, `Mother Earth`, Our oceans being described as cruel mistresses. Why think of God as being male?

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Guest Ferret1959
spasor:

I then said, as Jesus was a native Palestinian Jew, he was most probably a much darker shade than the new `Christians` felt comfortable with. Paul.

Ah but do the believers know what colour his Dad was?????

His Mother would have had an olive shade to her skin tone and being mixed race he could have been any colour.