Tasteless or funny?

JaMiMa

yoxer:

Religion is the excuse to keep the dumb and opressed in their place, it works most effectively with those that have a sence of self importance but a lack of confidence,  needing to have something outside of themselves to depend on.

Ah, Poxer, so little...so late...but mostly so little. :rolleyes:

A.N.'s own Gollum, without the charm.

Terry

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of you know what death by crucifiction was?. A most horrific, painfull and humilliating death. The victim was nailed to a cross not at a great height either as just off the ground would surfice through the wrist not the hands as the nails would not hold but would rip the nails out tearing the hands from the entry wound to the fingers, in effect cutting the hand in two. When the nails where put through the wrist, if put in the correct place caused the thumb to bend into the wrist, making the pain even more extreme.

The feet were then nailed through the back of the foot using one nail to hold the feet together. If they wanted the victim to be really in agony they then put a small piece of wood under the bottom of them, so that they could support their weight slightly, so prolonging the agony. Death was usually down to asficiation (spelling?). If the victim was LUCKY, his or her legs were broken below the knee so that the weight could not be lifted and death would come sooner.

By the way this not a go at any one or any thing, just an observation.

[ 12. March 2004, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: bushwacker ]

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

i do hold those views terry, i wouldn't have typed them if i didn't. shouldn't touchy subjects be mentioned? should non believers passively accept all the trouble that religion brings the world (and you cant deny it doesn't) i do see that you're not being unfair, but also get the feeling that you think i am.....

lets agree to disagree.

there was a nun in the bath, she heard a knock at the door.......

....which is exactley why religion is such a destructive force. It is made up with people who can not accept they have, or are of, no importance whatsoever, and then get highly offended when their view is chalenged. Jeepster is quite correct , religon has caused, and is a source of more hatred , intollerance , bigotry and evil than anything you can name.

jeepster:

shouldn't touchy subjects be mentioned?

That wasn't my point, mate. I was simply explaining that, in the face of your comments, it wasn't surprising that some would become defensive, that's all.

Terry

yoxer:

religon has caused, and is a source of more hatred , intollerance , bigotry and evil than anything you can name.

Many have all of the above, without religion as their excuse.

Also, try not to confuse 'religion' with belief. Millions of us benefit from our beliefs without subscribing to any particular religion. And, just because we believe in something, it doesn't make us liable for all of the crimes committed in the name of religion.

My belief certainly doesn't oppress me or keep me down. In fact it has exactly the opposite effect. Belief is a personal thing, not a corporate one.

Terry