Tasteless or funny?

JaMiMa

yoxer:

can you accept the concept without beging or end , of infinity ?

Possibly. What's the relevance?

Terry

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lid, nails were used as it caused the victim more pain. The thumb as I said was drawn round into palm of the hand towards the wrist, when the nail was put in the correct place. Not a nice death for the poor unfortunate victim either way.

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

yoxer:

If so , and you can also take time out of any equation then any and all beliefs must become irrelevant and redundant.

So, if I can accept infinity and disregard time, then any beliefs I have become meaningless? Right. :rolleyes:

Apart from the teeensy fact that, while infinity doesn't affect me at all, time certainly does, so I can't ignore it.

You see, Yoxer, my beliefs really do make my life better. I've lived with them and without, so I'm able to compare, see? 'With' is much better - fact.

So, you carry on writhing in your little pit of self-loathing, and I'll continue with my beliefs. As you can see, my version of religion doesn't go with 'suffer little Yoxers to come unto me'.

Terry

Sorry to disapoint it was a typo error,i remembered a promise made about not rising to Gollum's bait and did not realise I had pressed reply

so sorry..

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

nursejudy:

Sorry to disapoint it was a typo error,i remembered a promise made about not rising to Gollum's bait and did not realise I had pressed  reply

so sorry..

Still think you're bonkers!

Terry :D

"So, if I can accept infinity and disregard time, then any beliefs I have become meaningless? Right." Well more or less , apart from the concept of futility but you can always pretend otherwise if you see fit.

"Apart from the teeensy fact that, while infinity doesn't affect me at all, time certainly does, so I can't ignore it." Your statement is a contradiction.

JaMiMa:

What did Jesus say to the Apostles, while the Romans were nailing him to the cross?

Don't touch my Easter Eggs.  I'll be back on Sunday.

i don't find anything funny here.

but if you do, then there is hope for you.

JaMiMa:

What did Jesus say to the Apostles, while the Romans were nailing him to the cross?

What a way to spend Easter?

Was it Voltair or Plato who said; "If we didn't have religion, someone would have to invent it."

Have you noticed? I've changed my name to Yoxer.

Dangerous subject, but if anybody wants to talk about it.........

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Originally posted by yoxer:

"So, if I can accept infinity and disregard time, then any beliefs I have become meaningless? Right." Well more or less , apart from the concept of futility but you can always pretend otherwise if you see fit.

Lucid as ever. :rolleyes:

"Apart from the teeensy fact that, while infinity doesn't affect me at all, time certainly does, so I can't ignore it."

Your statement is a contradiction.

No it isn't. The effect of time is practical, visible and measurable, whereas the concept of infinity has no effect. Geddit? Don't bother. :rolleyes:

Terry