Tasteless or funny?

JaMiMa

yoxer:

....which is exactley why religion is such a destructive force. It is made up with people who can not accept they have, or are of, no importance whatsoever, and then get highly offended when their view is chalenged. Jeepster is quite correct , religon has caused, and is a source of more hatred , intollerance , bigotry and evil than anything you can name.

Firstly I would like to say I'm not a religiuos man. There are times when I wish I did have faith, as it obviously gives great comfort to many.

I've followed these comments, and have to say that Yoxers comments regarding hatred, bigotry, intollerance, etc all hold true. Yoxer has managed to demonstrate every one of them within his replies. Most probably it is the type of person with Yoxers point of view that causes "wars" not Wordbenders.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeepster - explain how some things were explained for about a thousand years and then they found the dead sea scrolls....

explain how as technology gets more and more sophisticated more and more things are discovered thet Point to the fact that Jesus's life on earth may be true. (Please note I said point not prove) If proof were found EVERYONE would be a Christian as it would be a fact, we Christians would rather live in faith. By the way, the missus (a Christian) and I thought the joke was funny!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Strange subject this, I found "The Life of Brian" hilarious but winced a little at the crucifixion joke (despite knowing that it was usually reserved for criminals and really had nothing to do with christianity)

Like Wordbender I have beliefs, not what you would call faith, but as I get older I have come to marvel at "creation" AND AT MY ABILITY TO APPRECIATE IT"

Whatever it is that drives evolution and the amazing diversity of creatures on earth I do not know but I can't help a sneaking suspicion that it is not simply down to survival of the fittest.

Den (ask any dog lover)

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

are the dead sea scrolls as authentic as the turin shroud klein? how does the progress of technology point to the fact jesus existed and the stories about him are true? the opposite is surely true.

Guest Ferret1959

Some very interesting posts.

But my question is Who created GOD?

My answer would be man, so who created man??????

Guest Ferret1959

Jesus was a time traveler.

Came back to save the World.

As the Romans didn't quite understand his skills they destroyed him.

As Jesus failed in his quest to save the World it looks like it's only time will tell when the World ends.

Looks like it's happening already.

perhaps evolution was just one of gods enigmatic little jokes and that Charlie Darwin should of really been a stick insect. Given the choice would you prefer to think you were created in gods image or that of a orang-utang . Before you think too hard it may be worth considering how you know god isnt a orang-utang.