What might this thing be then ? [pics]

Andy_1984

I used to use one of my mothers best big desert spoons to melt lead over the gas ring to make " plunders " when i was a kid for sea fishing.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I used to use one of my mothers best big desert spoons to melt lead over the gas ring to make " plunders " when i was a kid for sea fishing.

Snap.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I know a way you could get molten copper into that, though whether it would stay in it and whether you would want to be anywhere near it at the time is another matter.

(hint - it's similar to how people generate molten iron in situ, though somewhat more energetic and dangerous)

Thermite!

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Yup!

My old A-level chemistry teacher said that he once demonstrated the thermite reaction, but lacking any iron oxide in the store, he used copper oxide instead. A variation never to be repeated!

We used to put old alloy RWPs on the fire on the sites, used to explode with a huge bang, :busted_cop:

And i never did see anyone hurt by the fragments. Thinking back, a very silly thing to do, but bloody good fun at the time. :doh:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I had a good look around for any molten stuff but not a trace of anything not even any sheith(sp?) from wire.

The only thing burnt is a big bit of plastic that used to be from a car boot shelf.

The tin can in the photo is old swertcorn tin, its very clean, doesn't look like anythings been in it apart from maybe water ?.

The clay thing probably points to what it's been used for. Some parts had finger smears in them and very flat sides of some, it was all broken and spread around the outside, maybe a mold of some sort.

If you look on the tray you can see something gray, not sure what that is but notice how its all in the center.

Very weird find, it's got me even more confused than the rest of you :P

Ill try to get better pictures.

Oh heres the clay stuff, not the best pic though.

post-7003-0-83798300-1365431971_thumb.jpg

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

A UFO might have landed their Andy. And made some emergency part so they could get back home ?

pjpa4709.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Nice pretty green flames.

We used to put old alloy RWPs on the fire on the sites, used to explode with a huge bang, :busted_cop:

And i never did see anyone hurt by the fragments. Thinking back, a very silly thing to do, but bloody good fun at the time. :doh:

RWP?

A hedgehog baking tray?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!