9-10ft Light Feeder Rod

AddictedToScopex

The matchpro quiver is only a tip rod its combo because of the dual length. As gary says, and I eluded to in my original post those with a dolly section out balance a rod. Those such as the drennan are spot on at all lengths.

The rod Gary has linked to are great rods also but the sliding reel fittings are not for me. Shame as the action is good.

John

The matchpro quiver is only a tip rod its combo because of the dual length. As gary says, and I eluded to in my original post those with a dolly section out balance a rod. Those such as the drennan are spot on at all lengths.

The rod Gary has linked to are great rods also but the sliding reel fittings are not for me. Shame as the action is good.

John

Thanks for that John. I misunderstood the combo part as I haven't had or own a rod with that title. I imagine a dolly section could certainly add a bit of stiffness toward the bottom of the rod.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

If you can find one, there's the old Silstar Powerwind. I've got one (had it for decades) and I still love it. I use it for roach fishing but it's handled accidental carp into double figures in the past (not recommened though!).

Wow, just did a quick Google and found that you could have had TWO of them for 99p!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Silstar-Power-Wind-Match-Picker-3547-300-10ft-feeder-rod-/140916371622?clk_rvr_id=469325023961&lgeo=1&vectorid=229508&nma=true&si=WfL%252BiCONQPD%252BvK4dsyaGtv2uCs4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Old review but stand by it....

"I just bought the Shakespeare Mentor Twin-Tip (10'6") which has the usual multi-purpose Avon-Bomb type tip and a quiver tip. It comes in at around £40 but I managed to get one for £22 which is a bargain in my eyes. The finish is so nice, I reckon you could easily pass it off as a rod worth 3 times the price. It's really that nice and by God it's light. I can't recall the maximum casting weight but it suggests a line max of 8lbs. Make of that what you will.

The Avon top could be used for 101 purposes from legering at range to trotting a loafer for trout to touch legering for river perch and so on and so on. I can see this being my first choice for a multitude of purposes. It's not too beefy but I reckon if you required that extra bit of power, you'll find it there. I reckon a half pound roach would feel every bit as pleasurable as a 10lb carp.

The quiver is probably a bit light for any real distance work but for anything less than 60-70 yards and the lighter feeders, it'll be sweet. I bought it for stillwater roach at short range and I think it'll be bang on.

The only thing I would criticise about the quiver is the tip sight. It's only about 6" of fluoro orange. By the time you've put a bend in the tip and you're looking down the length of the rod, you may as well be looking at an orange speck. I think some insulating tape or tippex is in order but that's not a major fault by any stretch.

For £22 I think it's an absolute steal. So much so, I think I might look at their Mentor Heavy Feeder and leave the standard tip alone on the rod above.

8/10

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Old review but stand by it....

"I just bought the Shakespeare Mentor Twin-Tip (10'6") which has the usual multi-purpose Avon-Bomb type tip and a quiver tip. It comes in at around £40 but I managed to get one for £22 which is a bargain in my eyes. The finish is so nice, I reckon you could easily pass it off as a rod worth 3 times the price. It's really that nice and by God it's light. I can't recall the maximum casting weight but it suggests a line max of 8lbs. Make of that what you will.

The Avon top could be used for 101 purposes from legering at range to trotting a loafer for trout to touch legering for river perch and so on and so on. I can see this being my first choice for a multitude of purposes. It's not too beefy but I reckon if you required that extra bit of power, you'll find it there. I reckon a half pound roach would feel every bit as pleasurable as a 10lb carp.

The quiver is probably a bit light for any real distance work but for anything less than 60-70 yards and the lighter feeders, it'll be sweet. I bought it for stillwater roach at short range and I think it'll be bang on.

The only thing I would criticise about the quiver is the tip sight. It's only about 6" of fluoro orange. By the time you've put a bend in the tip and you're looking down the length of the rod, you may as well be looking at an orange speck. I think some insulating tape or tippex is in order but that's not a major fault by any stretch.

For £22 I think it's an absolute steal. So much so, I think I might look at their Mentor Heavy Feeder and leave the standard tip alone on the rod above.

8/10

Thanks for that Andy.

I have to say I am really struggling on committing to one rod. I may even end up getting two now. One longer one and one shorter one. Both for light to medium feeder work. Curse you all :bleh:

I ended up winning this one that you pointed out Ian. Can't wait to give it a whirl. I think I got a very good price on it too.

• Like 1