Unemployment .......

wirral sea fishing

Well the long process of trying to make a bloody claim for unemployment benififhas become and what a minefield it is !

it seems that if i had just stepped off a boat or got out from a wagon i would be fast traked and dealt with a little better.

First phone call to local job centre, 500 questions later i am given a date for an interview, but i am also told i have to take bank statements and so on as well :rolleyes: I am told that i could be there for 2 - 3 hours (lets hope thay have coffee on hand) and if i have to go 3 hours without a fag then god only knows what will happen !!! :D

Next call to the Tax Office to ask about Working Family Tax Credit, i had already filled in forms online and been told that our joint earnings were over the boundrys, but that is for a new way they are paying things from the 7th April !! so if you have claimed and been turned down CHECK !!!

Anyway they helped although a little cold at the start they soon warmed to my sorry tones on the other end of the line.

So after 4 hours on the phone i am no further forward (yet) and i have to have interview with DHSS on Tuesday, so not even sure i will get anythink off them as wife works.

this al seems a load of hassle at a time when they should be a little more sympathetic towards your situation.

Anyway i have an interview on Monday and another on Wednesday (only temping)but hey better then the £53.95 a week i may get from the dole :D:D

so if you are in the same situation or facing it then you have my sypathies...

Chris

i have been unemployed since last april , i have sent over 200 letters containing cv`s , had ONLY 4 interveiws (i even failed to get a job as a bog cleaner ) i have never had any responce from 99% of my applications ( just a letter to say i didnt succeed would be a plus) even the miriad of e`mails to prospective employers have never had ANY responce , the job market round here consists mostly of carers , part time cleaners for minimum wage (i fail the 10 year check because we were homeless for a year) and hospital jobs (nurses etc) .

i am not a stupid person but i am 49 ,the C&G i have in radio and television servicing is considered worthless ( why have a tv or video repaired when you can buy a new one cheaper)and i have never seen an advert within a sensible travelling distance (even in the trade mags) ,the mrs has epilepsy and a gammy knee so cannot work and we exist on £85 a week , the job center is a joke and all the searches on their databases come up negative , i asked about training but was told i had to wait till the 52nd week before i was considered :(

my trouble is i used to be a gardener (for 20 years) now i need nvq`s , chainsaw ,spray and machinery certificates to PROVE i am capable to garden :mad: i have no certificates i just got on and used whatever means i needed to forfil my job.i considered starting my own firm again (as i failed in the 80`s but with 4 other gardeners in the village vying for work the pickings would be scarce.

in my last job at the uni i used to be able to do the impossible making printed circuit boards on thinner than hair substrates down to 0.05mm that was used in prototype nokia mobile phones and boards for space craft unfortunatly there isnt any jobs in that sector as any pcb`s used in industry are mass produced in machines by a hardly trained technician , something will come up i`m sure but it had better be quick the tax and mot run out on the car in a weeks time , THEN i WILL be in a pickle

[ 24. January 2003, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I was laid off a week Monday gone.

This happens every year at this time and even though I know it will happen I still don't like it.

I am used to getting up 7 days for work and I am getting peed off now.

I don't sign on because I just can't be bothered with all the crap that goes with it so hopefully I will be back in work within the next few weeks.

I have no money coming in at all at the moment but the the hassle that I would have to go through like Chris just outweighs the £50+ a week.

John.

I also lost my job recently, a week and a half ago!

I went to the job centre the same day, applied for three jobs - heard nothing from any yet!

I also went to a local employment agency, and booked an interview for the next day, they then provided me with a job for the next day (£5.25 per hr :( ), (6am till 2pm) - I have never worked so hard in my life!

I rang the agency that afternoon and they got me another to start the following (last) monday - the money is still as bad, but it should last me untill I can get a permanent one :rolleyes:

The thing is with the area I live, there is work - I guess I'm lucky in that respect!?

But if you knew the size of my mortgage, £5.25 per hour ain't a lot!!! :mad:

i`m with 3 agencies , i have never heard a peep from any of them :(

all the top ups from the gov lean towards children , if you are like us (all our kids have left the nest) there is no help , and to top it all the mrs has been "done" so we cant climb the social ladder again :D

[ 26. January 2003, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Your problem chaps, is that you aren,t single mothers with 3 or 4 kids.

Piece in the paper the other day about this 29 yr old lass who's never worked in her life, & has just been evicted for anti social behaviour.

One of her excuses for her troubles is stress, apparently it's hard to cope when you only get £1000 a month benefits!

Bet you guys have lots of sympathy for this waste of space eh.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.