The end of Photoshop as we know it

Manxman

Adobe will not be releasing anymore versions of Photoshop or software from the suite. They are going to a Creative Cloud monthly/annual subscription.

Prices being bantered around the web are of a £400 subscription per annum, which Adobe haven't denied.

I have both CS5 Ex / Cs6 Ex so it won't really bother me, but to anybody new getting into photography and needing a good editing programme it's going to be a costly addition to there budget.

There is free software online but it really doesn't have all the bells and whistles that Photoshop has.

I believe there are ways of acquiring both CS5 Ex / Cs6 Ex ;) I'd be looking for it know if you plan to use it future.

Manxman,

From their site:

We want you to experience this now, so starting today we’re offering our loyal Photoshop customers (current owners of Photoshop CS3, CS4, CS5 or CS6) a special introductory price of $9.99 per month for an annual commitment to Photoshop CC. This Creative Cloud single-app membership includes everything you would expect to find in the traditional Photoshop Extended software, plus all the new Photoshop CC features, as well as regular updates throughout the year.

It this what you are talking about?

Phone

That was going to be one of my retirement projects ,I have a book already called Idiot's guide to Photoshop!!!!!

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

I'll stick to lightroom then, does everything I need except layers which I hardly ever use and panoramas (although I do have panorama factory so thats covered as well), HDRs gets exported straight into photomatix pro so although I do have CS5 with the exception of panoramas it rarely sees light of day.

Edited by snakey1

i attempted workshop once. after being sectioned and finding many photoshop students in thre i decided to stick with crayons!

• Like 1

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

So having read up a little on it it appears that adobe will now be renting you their software for a similar cost that you could buy it for, sounds like a real rip off if you ask me

• Like 1

I know a lot of the pros will sneer but might I suggest Serif Photplus. X6

It has as many bells and whistles as 95% of the population are ever going to need.

http://www.serif.com/photoplus/x6/in-depth/

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/