problems with the EA

fishboy

Hi all,

frodo.uk in answer to your question, the perch that were removed by the nets man were 2 over 3lb. It may be that there was more caught but only 2 were restocked into the other lake. It is thought that several were destroyed for health checks. All the perch that were rescued were under 8oz. These fish were rescued from the outlet stream, which is no wider than 4'wide and 2" deep. This stream flows for approximately 1/2 mile, then it flows underground for another 3 miles before entering a small brook that later forms the river mole at Gatwick.

nugg, yes I do have a rod licence and I have had one for the last 18 years.

Last night I had a meeting with the local council who were unaware that the fish were in the stream and who were more than a little shocked by the actions of the fishery management company who were working on behalf of the EA. The council engineer who had overseen this work was no able to attend this meeting but he was less than happy with what went on.

The local EA officer has also been contacted and he said that the council employed the fishery management company who did the work.

The council has apologised for not informing the angling club who still had 4 weeks left on the lease but they refused to discuss compensation.

A meeting has been arranged with the EA officer, the angling club and those responsible at the council.

The council have also asked the angling club not to involve the press, as it is there opinion that this will not help the situation.

The club will discuss what their next step will be after the next committee meeting.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fishboy:

The council has apologised ..... but they refused to discuss compensation.

The council have also asked the angling club not to involve the press,

Which sounds, on the face of it, that it WOULD be a good idea to involve the press - unless the council can supply a very good reason not to.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

so it was not the EA who employed the consultant but the council ,no one kept a check on what was being done .

not sure of the legal position of the club as with 4 weeks to go of the lease did they not own the fish(could be stealing?).

seems i would get advice as to the next move ,but all clubs take note beware what might be done on waters you think you run .cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

fishboy:

nugg, yes I do have a rod licence and I have had one for the last 18 years.

Perhaps I was a little too subtle, the question was not aimed at you personally matey, it was intended to be a jibe at the inconsistency of the E.A.

:):)

In my experience of dealing with councils over the last 25 years, when they ask you not to involve the Press they’re hiding major cock up on their part.

Grass the steward up!

Could it be that local Elections are coming later in May/June this year???????

Furthermore if this accurate

“Later that night it was revealed that the EA had witnessed these fish

being flushed into the stream and did nothing.” The EA were complicit in their action and why they the “protectors” should be absolved from reproach beggars belief.

You wouldn’t like to say cryptically which Council it was would you? Just to give the journalists a hint and a nudge, perhaps????

phil h.

I am in the same position as StuMac. Please would you give us a bit more info. Thanks.