Let's talk to the Taliban?

Dave H

Let's negotiate with the Taliban we here. It will always amaze me the hypocracy of a government when the tide changes against them. Vietnam, Afghanistan the list is endless.....

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not talking to terrorists is the usual excuse to continue a war ,well to some bright spark realises yet again you can never win against terrorists ,"talk" means ok mr terrorist you win despite us razing your country to the ground killing your wife and kids by the thousand and destroying your infrastructure.........we need a way out hopefully without losing face

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

There's no stomach for the tactics needed to win so the only option is to reach a negotiated settlement.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Settlement...LOL

The Afghan army , half will desert and the otheer half wiped out in a week. Then it will be as you were from many years back.If the whole of the USSR could not defeat them what makes them think we can...When will other military commanders learn from history...

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

From a practical point of view, exactly how does one negotitiate with a group whose core beliefs include

- death to all who do not belong to and practice our religion

- any cleric who wants to can declare a holy war against pretty much anyone or any country whose religion isn't their particular brand of a specific religion

- women are not really people, they are property

- our people in your country must be allowed to live by our laws & rules and ignore yours

Leaving aside the whole Muslim bit, have you ever found that conversing with a fanatic of any stripe who doesn't share your views to be of any use?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

If the whole of the USSR could not defeat them what makes them think we can...

The USSR had the same problem as NATO.

When will other military commanders learn from history...

But there are lessons in history that show how to beat an enemy like the Taliban.

The Roman destruction of Carthage in 146 BCE and the Battle of Melos, fought in 415 BCE being prime examples.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

From a practical point of view, exactly how does one negotitiate with a group whose core beliefs include

- death to all who do not belong to and practice our religion

- any cleric who wants to can declare a holy war against pretty much anyone or any country whose religion isn't their particular brand of a specific religion

- women are not really people, they are property

And death to those who decide for what ever reason to leave the religion.

Even non qualified, self appointed clerics, choudery (spelling) for example, who could work, yet chooses not to, denounce everything about the country who is feeding and clothing him and his family care of the taxpayer.

And as for woman, publicly stone to death on a football pitch for an alleged crime that in the uk would not even raise an eyebrow.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

So long as they are stoning their own kind ,killing the opposition in their own countries and keeping their countrymen in the dark ages who gives a crap ,let them kill each other it saves us doing it for no apparent reason

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All,

Tough one isn't it? I'm afraid I have to get on Newt's bandwagon. Does anyone know why we were there in the first place? I thought we wanted Osama - we got Osama - why aren't we home?

Newt and in this case MY solution would probably be about the same. Isolate and profile. I mean REALLY isolate REALLY profile. I realize a few would suffer for the good of the whole. Maybe the "whole" ain't so good either.

Odd how societies change. They stone homosexuals to death. We have just given full government rights and privledges of marriage to homosexuals. I guess Chesters1 is right also - we are there for no appearent reason. I guess we could "justify" stopping Iran from having nukes? Afgans have nothing to "take away" as far as I can see (maybe dope).

Phone

Edit: to many sp errors to even go back and change.

Edited by Phone

I'm not sure the US would consider breaking all ties when the country posses something it craves ,its easy to isolate north korea they probably dont have it (or havnt found it) , its easy to ignore countries ,peoples or religeous nutters when they posses nothing you want.

Unfortunately especially in the middle /far east the trouble started when the world powers of the time (britain and france for the most) started interfering and dividing up land into countries where countries never existed before ,its far harder healing wounds than making new ones ,what "was" if far stronger than insisting johny foreigner does what we say nowadays ,they are begining to get the upper hand except it ,raise the drawbridge and fight them on your own land its harder to win on theirs today they aint taken in by mirrors and beads and the times when we had big sticks and them little ones far scarcer because we love to sell big sticks to anyone with the resourses to pay for them

"terrorists" dont need to stand up with a sign on their head telling you who they are ,terrorists can bring even tbe most powerful (in military terms) to its knees just by getting clever and using its brains instead of guns ,if they need advice they just read the manuals we issued to terrorists when we used them ,the SOE ones would be a fine start

America (and we are following in its footsteps) are afraid of its own shadow ,its people subjugated ,its not reds under the beds its osamas in pajamas, anyone that says terror dont win only has to look at how you are run under the pretence of keeping it out.

When foreigners living here get special treatment because we dont want to upset them then they have won ,we are second rate citizens in our own country ,how do we sort it ,well we kill their folks back home in revenge ,that works doesnt it?

All the taliban did which effected us was blow up two statues ,unfortunately they did it in a country with something we wanted which gave us the excuse to stand on our soapbox and tell them they were bad and then we tried to instill by gunpoint something alien to them called democracy ,until then the tribal methods of killing each other had worked since time started ,they aint called war lords because they hold kiddies parties ,theres a clue there strange the west cannot see it ,they will sort things out over there they have before we built mud huts

Edited by chesters1