Yank (ie. Bush) go home!

cramer-carter

yoxer:

I am an ignorent person , I do not know the truth of this situation but this does not mean I do not know when I'm being fed a load of bulshit . I realise that others dont know the truth either .....so should we just advocate war because of a lack of intelligence ?????

We can all only work with the information we are given, there will always be different interpretations of that info, leading to different opinions. It's what makes the world go round (or not in this case).

The fact that I disagree with those advocating war, based on what we know now, doesn't mean I think they are "thick".

I will continue to try & put my point across but, in the end, if Bush/Blair won't listen to the millions who marched then I don't see what good it's going to do?

For what it's worth, I agree with all you've said... I would just prefer it without the insults :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"but there is a way of stopping one source of threat, by removing Sadam. Otherwise you are leaving a man in power with the funds and an army of support. That is a recipie for disaster"

and I regard the above quote as an insult to any sane and reasoning persons intelligence , unless the poster can back it up with reasonable debate instead of spouting propaganda

ok question,will the people who say no to war be prepared to admit they are wrong when(and it will happen)saddam is ousted and the true tales of what has been going on are allowed out.

what will it take to convince people that this man must go ?.why are people not marching to support ordinary people in Iraq who are being murdered tortured etc .

now i know that the UN mandate does not say this but it never will so get real ,could we of got a UN mandate against hitler ?probably not.

i still support the use of force if required to rid the world of this tryrant.cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

yoxer:

1. "but there is a way of stopping one source of threat, by removing Sadam.

2. Otherwise you are leaving a man in power with the funds and an army of support.

3. That is a recipie for disaster"

and I regard the above quote as an insult to any sane and reasoning persons intelligence ,

4. unless the poster can back it up with reasonable debate instead of spouting propaganda

1. Has to be True. Not saying right/wrong but is for sure True.

2. Also True.

3. Opinion - and all are entitled to hold them and all who want are entitled to post them here unless phrased as a direct insult or libel. This is neither.

4. Very close to a direct insult which, you will notice, no one else is using here. Designed to close off debate or to turn this into a slagging match??

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Yes, well if you want to hold on to the delusion that the people in Iraq who are presently suffering starvation and a lack of medical care due to sanctions will be better off directly after this war then be my guest.

I'm more inclined to deal with the reality of the situation and the fact that they WONT be better off at all.

They're dying NOW and a whole lot more of them will die DURING the war and then another whole lot of them will die AFTER the war, just as they DID and ARE in Afghanistan.

The difference between the anti-war camp and the pro-war camp is that the anti-war camp are able and willing to accept the facts of what has happened before, during and after a war, whereas the pro-war camp see nothing but their own objective.

There lies the problem that the whole world will have to answer for at a later date.

To ignore that fact and believe that this war will achieve ANYTHING by way of bringing peace to the world is not just a delusion, it's down right ludicrous, bordering on the insane.

I'm not in the habit of supporting an insane notion. - Are you?

What isn't being discussed is that Mr. Bush was elected on the back of oil dollars. His agenda and those around him is oil. This sudden moral outrage at Sadam Hussien is laughable. This man was always brutalising his people but when the west thought he was standing up against Iran then we didn't care. This war is to put in place a western style, capitalist, pro american regime and the control of the massive oil revserves is given to the US.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

We get to see plenty of film of Iraqi's and I have yet to see any starving. Iraq is the richest scource of oil in the world and properly governed could be paradise for its citizens,indeed it is for Sadam and his henchmen. How many palaces has he got?

Despite the natural wealth of Iraq, Sadam chose to try to take the Kuwaiti oil as well and had he not been stopped he would have taken the whole of the ME oil supplies.....and then you would have seen scenes of hardship.... not in Iraq, but in the western world.. that would have been horrifying.

Leaving aside the problem of Sadam don't you think that we (the world represented by UN) is at a watershed in history, whereby we have the power, and almost, the will to deal with these sort of tyrants. The world need never be threatened by madman or greedy despots anymore.

We could of course take the old fashioned route and appease until it is to late then scream for help (like the French) and expect the Americans to send there men and machines to save us all.

Pesonally I am sickened at the hyprocrisy that allows people to condemn the US/UK for maintaining their right to free speech but do not want to support them when it comes to dealing with the threats.

Make no mistake, if Sadam gets away with it then some other madaman will chance his arm, and it may be YOUR life that is at risk.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

This sanctimonious clap trap about freeing the Iraqi people of Saddam's oppression is wearing very thin with millions upon millions of people the world over.

There are any number of equally distasteful regimes in the world, many of whom are far worse than Saddam, YET there is little or nothing being said or done to remove them from power.

Saddam may be ALL of the things people say he is. But until they show PROOF of his ownership of WMD, I now refuse to believe ANYTHING the Bush camp say, as they've been exposed for the liars they are, time and time again.

Speaking of which ..N Korea

Aid agencies have estimated that up to two million people have died since the mid-1990s as a result of acute food shortages caused by natural disasters and economic mismanagement.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-paci...les/1131421.stm

A United Nations special envoy has warned that North Korea is in the grip of a humanitarian crisis and has called for tensions over the country's nuclear programme to be resolved.

Maurice Strong, speaking after three days of talks in Pyongyang, warned that the country was on the brink of mass starvation. He said up to eight million people were in a "life or death" situation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-paci...fic/2671191.stm