who,s the Best

cannibalspinners

Far too many one trick ponies these days. I must say that I think that Matt Hayes has grown into his role of an all rounder, and he's a nice bloke too.

Used to love Angling Today way back in the seventies and Jack Hargreaves programs too.

And have got to agree wholeheartedly with Vagabonds comments on Dick Walker. I wonder how he would have fared in our digital multimedia personality driven age.

Rather well I think.

Ah yes, Terry Thomas ( not the 'Ding,Dong' actor ! ) in Angling Today, wish they had brought out the series on DVD. Looked forward to a bit of Terry on a Saturday morn'.

Tell me more about the bass fishing , What size do they grow to , Are they caught with similar lures & baits that we use in the U.K. , Also how long do bass competions last for & is it always done on a boat

Sportsman,

I wasn't very clear either. On TV it is heavily edited as you can imagine. That isn't "seeing" one If you saw one in person (from one of the many unwelcome boats) you would have an even greater appreciation. My point was supposed to be - the really really good ones still win and they have a huge handicap.

Phone

150_brown_trout1.jpg RECORD RIVER CAUGHT BROWN TROUT 7LB 5OZ

http://www.spinningluresuk.com

I myself am average at best at fishing , But who is the best angler in the Anglers Net Forums , Probably impossible to know But who do you guys think it is

this is especially aimed at people who have been on these forums for years & have got to know each other really well ?

150_brown_trout1.jpg RECORD RIVER CAUGHT BROWN TROUT 7LB 5OZ

http://www.spinningluresuk.com

I'm alright at fishing I guess as well but I know far more than I can afford to ever own. I tend to chase particular species for a while till the gear and the tackle wears out, gets lost or just diminishes and then I stock up and chase something else for a while.

Put it this way, I can talk a good game but ask me to produce the tackle to do it. I might have had it and used it well at some point but I've always been a bordeline angler.

Why do you think I fish with spinning rods and bubble floats?....lol

Anyway....overall I liked John Wilson I guess. He always to the myticism out of fishing and made fishing attainable. I guess Hayes is like that as well. You see him fish for everything all over the World but when he reckons when push comes to shove, he'd have Chub fishing all day long and he does that with a loaf and a pocket of splitties.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Guest bluedun

It's a meaningless question anyway. What do you mean by "best". How would you measure it. Now if you asked which "fishing personality" is the most irritating, you could have more of a discussion.

Now if you asked which "fishing personality" is the most irritating, you could have more of a discussion.

I'm going for the Korda Posse.Every time I see that camo-clad bunch of back-patting lesbians, I want to go fishing less and less.

• Like 2

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...