Fishing Forums from Anglers' Net

What are people's opinion on different types of bait? Which do you find more effective and why? I'm interested to see what people choose.

Fishermania,

Welcome to the forum.

You're not being ignored - it's just that you've ask a question that is at least 10 questions.  For example, what does the word "type" mean?  There are sweet baits and protein baits.  Or, "type" may be that you are asking further down the road - i.e. paste vs boilies or naturals  "Type" may mean bottom, floating or midwater balanced.

Phone

It wouldn't bother me if I were to be restricted to using maize - that's probably the best answer I can give to the very broad  question asked, (and a floater of some sort - I suppose popcorn would do, but it wouldn't be my first choice floater).

Get on the Cell mate, it's pucka.

I see all sorts of baits used, but the the chap who I see do consistantly well is using Odyssey xxx freezer boilies from CCMoore soaked in Ammo pilchard oil. He uses the same oil in his groundbait. He also had a good day using Chewdle dog treats from Aldi last year.

bread bread bread bread bread

Jim Roper,

Just a comment.Pilchard are sardines.  That would be sardine oil from CC Moore.  May I suggest  neat’s-foot oil (sometimes spelled neet) which is a pale yellow fatty oil made by boiling the feet (excluding hooves), skin, and shinbones of cattle.  Fine grade for machine oil is the first pressing.  It makes a wonderful combination with fish oils for bait (especially in an area with cattle about or cattle runoff.

Phone

The solids from neat's-foot oil is used in making soap bars.  They too are fine carp bait.  They are hard to find since Ivory Soap changed their recipe.  Now mostly in homemade soaps.

As a hook bait I'd be quite happy using corn as an overall 'most types of fishing' bait if I could choose just one although worms would be a more versatile bait. With so many variations of species and methods of fishing it's hard to pick just one. Would I be able to catch rudd/roach on my chosen bait to use them for pike deadbaits or would that count as a different bait? I was catching perch on tiny rudd the other day and that was so much fun so I wouldn't want to lose the ability to do that :)

Just realised I answered a question that wasn't really asked but I'm going to leave it there anyway.

What about different flavours for mixing with groundbaits. Do people use thinks like halibut intense for carp fishing?