Where has it gone?

viney

Try this method it looks exciting

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Matt yes it`s on that club book will give you a shout when we are going there are not loads of them but they are big....your lad was really funny at Chloe birthday party the other day and very good seeing as someone else was getting all the presssies....he is a credit to you and deserves his bike monkeys an all

That sounds good to me :) is that on the club book you mentioned the other day? Sleep will be minimum when she's born with work, starting my course and fishing! Wills birthday is coming up on sunday, he's specifically told me he wants a bike and it has to have monkeys on it!

Had a wonder round Speen moors this evening, found a few swims I had never even seen that look fairly promising for a chub or two

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Cheers steve I was a bit worried how he was going to be but he took it all in his stride, got him his bike with monkeys on it :)

Couldn't sleep Thursday night so I found myself at Speen moors around 5ish Friday morning with the quivertip and a few slices of bread, missed a few bites and caught a few crayfish. Speen Moors is a lovely place to be as the sun comes up!

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

........Speen Moors is a lovely place to be as the sun comes up!

It is indeed, no better place at dawn.

IMG_3754_zpsabf82adb.jpg

Hope you did better than I did on today's dusk session there Matt.

Edited by Rusty
  • Like 1

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Had quite a few gudgeon (some pretty chunky ones!) A small roach and a chub just shy of 3lb as it started to get dark (my biggest fish from Speen so far :) ), was going to fish on but didnt have my head torch

Love that picture Chris! Will put a couple on I took the other morning when I find my laptop

Edited by viney

Viney - try the Lambourn and Kennet & Avon canal for trout. Season finishes on the 1st October, but there are some big trout and grayling in the Lambourn and definitely in the K&A canal in Newbury.

Kind Regards,
Matty

Targets for 2013: 15lb Barbel - 6lb Chub - 4lb Perch - 30lb Pike - 40lb Carp - 10lb Brown Trout

http://twitter.com/MattyJD1987

Try this method it looks exciting

Absolutely brilliant, Chesters! Yep, exciting fishing!

Rusty and Viney - as a local it's been going OK with me in the last month, but that's partly cos I've poached Ruesty's perch swim, and partly cos I've enjoyed doing a little carp fishing as I've done so little in recent years. For me September and October are great months and I wish there were more days to do all the types of fishing I'd like to have a crack at, eg

roach - go to Britford on the Hants Avon and catch a big river roach, or maybe a south coast commercial and try for a 2lb roach. Also on the Kennet 'free stretch' a big roach shoal going up to 2lbs arrived a couple of years ago. Apparently no-one knew where it came from or where it disappeared to, but for a couple of weeks those in the know bagged up. I guess I think of Sept as a possible time for roach as a result. Also someone did well on Dobsons and Collins in Sept a couple of years ago.

perch - maybe try the Civil Service stretch, or try lure fishing more of the canal, partly with a side-planer, to find one or two hotspots - though in my case my back limits this a bit

bream - go to the Thames and get a pb (mine is only 5.5 lbs)

tench and rudd -if I had time I'd join RDAA and have a crack at Wylie's lake

I'm not saying any of these would necessarily interest anyone else but me, but thought I'd mention them in case.

john clarke

I remember once packing the car, driving for 50 minutes. Getting to the pond and thinking "er, I don't actually feel like fishing".

Very bizarre feeling! Had never happened before. I had just gone on auto pilot for the whole morning.

I don't actually believe that a bad days fishing beats a good day at work......... . I've had some awful sessions where I've thought "what am I doing here? I'm not enjoying it"!!!

I've found that keeping things simple, not taking things for granted and lowering expectations helps. I try to think like a kid. Get back to the mystery and excitement of the 'unknown'. Don't have targets, don't have a sense of entitlement.

But everyone is different. Others love to set targets etc. And it works well for them.

Absolutely brilliant, Chesters! Yep, exciting fishing!Rusty and Viney - as a local it's been going OK with me in the last month, but that's partly cos I've poached Ruesty's perch swim, and partly cos I've enjoyed doing a little carp fishing as I've done so little in recent years. For me September and October are great months and I wish there were more days to do all the types of fishing I'd like to have a crack at, egroach - go to Britford on the Hants Avon and catch a big river roach, or maybe a south coast commercial and try for a 2lb roach. Also on the Kennet 'free stretch' a big roach shoal going up to 2lbs arrived a couple of years ago. Apparently no-one knew where it came from or where it disappeared to, but for a couple of weeks those in the know bagged up. I guess I think of Sept as a possible time for roach as a result. Also someone did well on Dobsons and Collins in Sept a couple of years ago.perch - maybe try the Civil Service stretch, or try lure fishing more of the canal, partly with a side-planer, to find one or two hotspots - though in my case my back limits this a bitbream - go to the Thames and get a pb (mine is only 5.5 lbs)tench and rudd -if I had time I'd join RDAA and have a crack at Wylie's lakeI'm not saying any of these would necessarily interest anyone else but me, but thought I'd mention them in case.

Some good things to look forward to there! Exploring a bit more of Speen moors has got me looking forward to cooler weather and hunting out the chub for a few hours after work