Ramblings of an old man

Newt

I watched that Rumsfeld bloke being interviewed the other night , when asked about the wmd he said " Yeah from the surveylance equipment , sattalite info etc etc , we know they have them "

"Oh where are they" said the interviewer

" ummmm we dont know exactly cos theyve burried them underground " he replied

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newt, didn't offend me one bit, in fact I think that describes most Brits opinion of the Frogs and Gerries. Well, the older ones. WW2 happened so long ago the young'uns can't relate to it. Thats the same all over, human nature, I suppose. That's why we have wars every generation or so. I have visited war cemeteries in the USA and the UK and given thanks for the ultimate sacrifice that the ones lying there gave.

Sentimetal slush? Maybe, but I'm not ashamed.

Hillbilly.

Here, her Red Hillbilly

It's something that some users of this forum cannot seem to appreciate.

As posted by Yoxer

quote:

No , not if I didnt the know the reason why and I suspect a great deal of soldiers on all sides havnt a clue why, other than some sad git telling them its for a good reason son .

Yoxer, I see that you're now speaking for most soldiers. How very kind of you, thank you very much, can't say how much we all appreciate it. You see, I took a quick 'straw poll' of a few current servers and a few of my old mates, and they all asked me to pass on their eternal gratitude for your going out of your way like that to speak for all of us. Or words to that affect....

( sigh ) stop bein sooooooooo pathetic Peter and read what is posted not what you want to read . You have already quoted me as saying something I had not said and when challenged to post up the quote you could not.

The word "suspect" is in that sentence, which I think I'm entitled to do. I am not speaking for most soldiers , Ive left that for you to do, allthough I also suspect they may have chosen a unfortunately bad choice to represent them .

soldiers do not choose who tells them what to do and when to do it,but they do choose to be soldiers don't they??my nephew serves in the army and according to him he has a great life,but he still accepts that he joined with the possibility of some kind of conflict at the back of his mind.

so god forbid that anything awful mighnt happen to him,but as a level headed young man he accepts that it could,his mum (my sister)on the other hand would rather he were at home. :confused:

quote:

( sigh ) stop bein sooooooooo pathetic Peter

I'm not going to stoop to your level. You appear to resort to this type of thing when you have no further constructive comment.

I wouldn't mind Yoxer, but when you make comments about soldiers, your ignorance of some matters shines through.

Your entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

But that's the word - respect.

I am ignorent Peter , thats what this is all about ! I can find no reason for a war with Iraq . I have asked those that can , ie YOU , to justify your case! I have piled supporting evidence one after another to support my case and all you seem able to do is misquote and misread my words, and come up with familiar message " oh bush & blair say Iraq have wmd " its bollix my friend

Get ya teeth into this Peter lmao

Saddam Hussein has called for the economic blockade of Iraq to be lifted "totally and comprehensively" following Friday's reports to the United Nations Security Council by its chief weapons inspectors.

In a statement issued after a meeting with his senior advisers, the Iraqi leader said the reports of Hans Blix and Mohammed ElBaradei showed that Iraq had met all its obligations under UN resolutions.

He added that they had exposed what he called American lies about Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction programmes.

"The embargo against Iraq should be lifted totally and comprehensively after America's motives were revealed to the world and after Iraq abided by Security Council resolutions," the statement said.

It also demanded that the Security Council denounce the United States and Britain as "liars", strip Israel of its alleged weapons of mass destruction and force it to pull out of "Palestine and occupied Arab land".

UN resolutions dating back to 1991 say that economic sanctions should be lifted once Iraq has been verified as free of weapons of mass destruction.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_ea...ast/2832819.stm

Ha! So not only is he cunning and quick to take advantage of the weak, he also has a sense of humour.

No offence here either Newt, sounded more like common sense to me.

However, as a Brit I can sympathise with Mr Galloway, not many like us either!!

Puzzling though, I mean what have we ever done to the world other than civilise most of it, bring back the Empire I say. :P

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.