Obsession

Denial

Excess consumption

Dropping hobbies and activities

Having stashes

Taking an initial large dose

Financial difficulties

Relationship problems

I'd say the zander fishing has caused most if these for me....

Yes they all look familiar... Also rather telling was the fact we didn't really care if the car broke down on the way home, as long as it managed to get us there before dying!

There's something so direct and electric about it, it's very hard to describe but the days are full of highs and lows. Each hit is like a little shot of adrenaline, and the takes range from savage raps as the lure drops, to a funny 'light' feeling at the top of the jig upwards, to delicate little taps, and sometimes no warning at all, you just go to jig upwards and it's all solid. Just fantastic fun. I need to go back for more!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I have wondered whether to try to arrange a fish-in there for AN members, the thing that's put me off is that you do need a few bits of gear that are quite specific, and I don't know how many people would be prepared to buy them, or able to borrow them. Things like:

Vertical jigging rod (you do need a specific type of rod)

Light braid (8-10lb)

Small spinning reel

Jig heads

Lures

Flourocarbon

And for the boat:

Drogue

Fishfinder

But if enough people are interested it should be an easy one to arrange?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hi Tigger, the action is fairly important. However, my first trip was with a short light spinning rod and I did ok with it.

The light braid, jig heads (with some lures) and a drogue for the boat are probably the critical bits.

Rich