Zander fishing

Anderoo

Oh dear, don't tell me that!

A friend (in fact the person who introduced me to jigging a few years back) has a couple of rods built on St Croix blanks and he loves them. If I do end up doing more of this I might be tempted...

The rod I'm using now is a Fox one which, in true Fox tradition, is very good for the price and was discontinued almost as soon as it was released. So if anything happens to it, it won't be possible to replace it with another.

The trouble with buying a high-end rod is that I'd definitely want to see it and hold it (with my reel on) before paying out big money, and that's very hard in the UK. I'd hate to spend a load of money on a rod that I ended up not really liking.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I think it's one of those things that can sound a bit dull and repetitive, it's only when you try it you realise how much fun it is :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I think it's one of those things that can sound a bit dull and repetitive, it's only when you try it you realise how much fun it is :)

So it`s £30 a person per boat which is fine but what size drogue do you take?? also is it worth taking 2 in case it`s ubber windy?? and as a mid range rod what would you recommend/what do you use?? where did you buy your eel/crayfish soft baits and last which one of Rutland/Grafham is the easier water you did tell me but I forgot .

Steve W what is your availability like??

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

5th/6th, 12th/13th, 19th/20th not bad, might have a bit of work to do over the weekends but could still fit in a day's fishing. 26th/27th not good, 2nd not so good, could do 3rd.

So it`s £30 a person per boat which is fine but what size drogue do you take?? also is it worth taking 2 in case it`s ubber windy?? and as a mid range rod what would you recommend/what do you use?? where did you buy your eel/crayfish soft baits and last which one of Rutland/Grafham is the easier water you did tell me but I forgot .

1. I believe Andrew has a competition size drogue whatever that is! I'd have a spare in case you lose one!
  2. I have the Savage gear XLNT vertical jig rod. Its pretty good, very light, Andrew has a discontinued fox one (of course its discontinued its fox) there is a new one called the Ultron (the lighter one of the two). As an emergency one I got a cheap rod from Fat Phils which is OK but not as good as the other listed. I think there is a Greys rod that really isn't any good.
  3. Lures are best from all sorts of places but AGM, Harris, The Friendly Fisherman are all good. Lureworld also has good range of lures and the jig heads. You'll need ~30g jig heads, the fox rage ones are good as are the dragon ones. Paddle tail shads are a pretty good bet (crayfish lures are just being silly but they do work)
  4. Rutland is the easier one!

Rich