Does Mat Hayes smoke?

RUDD

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit late on this one, but....

The majority of people don't smoke, so let's legislate against smokers....

Nice one. Like the majority of people don't fish, so let's ban angling.

A goody-goody like Matt Hayes doesn't encourage kids to smoke. It's people like well-meaning parents, who empohasise hoiw dangerous it is, that are mainly responsible. It's the rebellion side that appeals. Teenagers like to do dangerous things. It's part of growing up.

By coincidence, in the last few weeks I've been working in USA, Spain and Portugal.

In California you can't smoke in bars. But you can eat. And the people I saw outisde having a drag looked healthier than most of the obese buger-eaters within.

In the Iberian peninsular, smoking is no longer complusory. But one could be forgiven for thinking that it used to be. Can anyone else remember flights to Spain and Portugal where the smoking section took up three-quarters of the plane? But I'd estimate 50 per cent of Spaniards and Portugese still smoke. And although I have no evidence to prove my point, they look healthier than lardy Brits.

I'm an ex-smoker, by the way. Chew a lot of gum. Just as well I don't live in Singapore... it's banned in public there. I wonder if they smoke instead?

Freedom of choice. It's something anglers will come to rely upon.

Incidentally, the thing I find most annoying about pubs is bores who force their points of view on me. Followed by mobile phones. They fry your brains, you know. I think they should be banned.

Fenboy

Back to Matt Hayes - more smoking evidence!

In the great Rod Race he gives Mick Brown some tiny kit to catch a Stickelback, part of which was a Swan Vesta match. He gave Mick the choice of an unused or a burnt out one. Now unless they were eating off a camp stove and night fishing for Stickelback (!!!) I'd say he's been lighting fags with them!

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

quote:

Originally posted by BoozleBear:

Back to Matt Hayes - more smoking evidence!

In the great Rod Race he gives Mick Brown some tiny kit to catch a Stickleback, part of which was a Swan Vesta match. He gave Mick the choice of an unused or a burnt out one. Now unless they were eating off a camp stove and night fishing for Stickleback (!!!) I'd say he's been lighting fags with them!

quote:

Originally posted by The Diamond Geezer:

Posted Image

Q.E.D. :D

[ 29. April 2004, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

jesus

who give's s*** if he smokes or not. i am more

worried about the music he has on his programmes

the electric guitar he's got playing when he's playing anything bigger than a minnow really get's to me i expect the camera to cut to him and see him giving the sound assistant one :D:D

concentrate for the moment: feel. don't think.