Volvo C30?

Rusty

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots in common mechanically with the Ford Focus, which is not a bad thing. I once had one as a courtesy car, and thought it felt as if the steering wheel wasn't actually attached to the front wheels, but I think that's the way of the world with most modern cars.

It's all about conditioning the mind Steve, drive one of these for a couple of years and everything thereafter feels sharp and responsive.

Pontiacpic.jpg

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Well I’m officially an old man, this Volvo has blown me away. The salesman spent an hour in the car with me showing me what each control and button did, we covered everything and although I just wanted to drive the car I’m really glad he took the time to do that. When I bought the Fiesta seven years ago I was given the owner’s manual and left to my own devices.

I’ve only driven 150 miles so far but it feels like I’ve had the car for ages, the ergonomics suit me perfectly and the seats are the most comfortable my arse has ever graced. The heated seats allow you to simulate that warm fart feeling without the nasty odour, a ‘must have’ extra for that alone.

The 1600cc engine produces all of its torque between 1500 & 2500rpm which sounds a narrow band but the six speed gearbox makes it a doddle to stay within that. Swift progress is all about riding the torque and maintaining momentum through the corners, revving the ‘nads off it is pointless. First impressions about the handling are consistent with internet opinions i.e. around town a little choppy but up the pace a bit and things smooth out, cornering is quite flat.

A brief dual carriageway blast was pretty impressive too, 75 mph cruising was a breeze with the engine revving barely above 2000rpm. The cabin was so quiet at that speed, very relaxing.

The best bit? In what was an afternoon of messy driving and generally getting used to the car it still averaged over 50mpg! That’s according to the computer I’ll measure it properly when I next fill up. I'm out of touch with modern car technology, haven’t diesel engines improved over recent years.

Sorry for the first day gushing euphoria…I love this thing.

Chris popped round to shows off his new wheels and very smart it is to ,we went for the oblig test drive and it is very smooth and the inside although being a bit funky with ignition key in the middle of the dash and a "floating consoul" is very well put together ...looks very sporty to .

Did get worried when he tried to race every car we came across with Duran Duran blaring on the stereo.....

Some say he is made up from the bits of old centrepin reels but we just know him as the anglers net Stigmiester.......... :bigemo_harabe_net-165::bigemo_harabe_net-165::1a::1a::1a:

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Played top dinner trumps with Steve tonight on my way home from work. My opening gambit was bengali king prawn with matar paneer, onion bhaji and a garlic naan…it was enough to see him off despite the lack of a pudding.

All communicated via Bluetooth whilst on the M4 with cruise control set at an easy 70mph and climate control at a comfortable 18 degrees c.

If it ever breaks down I’m dead meat (I won't tell him).

Played top dinner trumps with Steve tonight on my way home from work. My opening gambit was bengali king prawn with matar paneer, onion bhaji and a garlic naan…it was enough to see him off despite the lack of a pudding.

All communicated via Bluetooth whilst on the M4 with cruise control set at an easy 70mph and climate control at a comfortable 18 degrees c.

If it ever breaks down I’m dead meat (I won't tell him).

You won we went to the pub and had a Ploughmans all be it a fantastic one and a pint of Mr Chubs followed by severall glasses of a rather nice French Merlot...the walk home was interesting with 4 Roe deer in the field that Robbie wanted to play with .

Hope your weekend goes Ok mate and is not to traumatic Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I heard something very upsetting the other day. I heard that the ford mustang would only be sold with a V6 engine in britain and not the V8 :doh:

I don't understand this way of thinking?

it's like Pinky without Perky

bread without butter?

I had my eyes on one but they can jog on now!

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon