How many more times..........

Colin Payne

Just re-read your thread Gaffer. I don't know if there was supposed to be a 'funny' attached but it ain't there. The picture posting thingy must be stuffed again..... :)

Paul

Tinca61:

I don't know if there was supposed to be a 'funny' attached but it ain't there.

Hopefully you'll find my picture and comments funny, which is how I intended them to be.

Let me just say that my original post was not in any way anti German, only anti Schumacher! I would think the reason that Pizzonia didn't get a drive thru was that he mearly came upon the carnage left by Schumacher as opposed to Schumi who caused it with a very speculative dive up the inside of Trulli. So he apologised did he? (didn't see that bit).... so what! It seems to me that he can't take the pressure. Now he's in the pack because of the new rules he is showing his true colours. Yes, a great driver when the car is on the front of the grid but appearing to be your average Joe when it comes to proper racing!

Strangely, my missis said 3 days before the race that if he isn't on pole he'll probably knock someone off. She screamed the house down so loud when it happened I thought the neighbours would call the police! Unrepeatable what she said though... :D:D

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

I think you should watch the replay of the Pizzonia incedent again, he passed at least 3 cars on the short straight before the 2nd corner then used Montoya as a brake, bounced off him clipped a Minardi then had the cheek to wave his fist at everyone.

Schumacher has probably been punished by the FIA far more than every other driver and because of his regular appearances at their offices has got away with a few, meaning he has been let off by them more than any other driver.

Some of the examples given of how he cheated (aledgedly)are obviously cheats by the team, that being the case then his team mates should/would have benefited as well.

In many case Schumi was singled out for punishment while other drivers doing the same thing get away with it.

The famous Silverstone incedent when he was black flaged for overtaking Hill on the parade lap in 95, seems odd that the 2 other drivers whom both overtook people on the parade lap escaped punishment. Or last weekend with Pizzonia, who lost out more Trulli or Montoya?

As for knocking people off well Schumi is far behind the amount of people Senna knocked off and probably behind Montoya as well.

As for him only being a great driver when hes on pole shows how little you have watched GP's. His great wins (quite a few) have been when he started far from pole, 16th in 1 example. Not forgetting several wins when he was easily out-quailfied by the Mclarens/Williams teams (during their dominant period).

The problem for most people is they are fed up with him winning and with him having the best car for the last few seasons he has made it look so easy, hence all the 'cheating' rumours that fill every F1 forum, the truth is he is just so much better than the rest, it would be like putting Arsenal in the 3rd division and seeing how they did.

Scott.

C`mon you guys. Do you actually think F1 is anything more than a marketing exercise? Hardly any of the teams would be in existence if it wasn`t for massive sponsorship.

When Benneton were the top dogs, they were also massive in the fashion stakes. Ferrari`s were always a playboys toy. When Lotus were the best, we suddenly had `Lotus Cortina`s` LOL.

There have been many great drivers? Mainly the maniac that was prepared to put his own, or other drivers, life at risk. "Great moves"? In any court in the world, they would have been prosecuted for dangerous driving.

It`s only the poor saps that pay through the nose that keep this so called sport alive!!

:rolleyes: Paul :rolleyes:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

spasor:

C`mon you guys. Do you actually think F1 is anything more than a marketing exercise? Hardly any of the teams would be in existence if it wasn`t for massive sponsorship.

Yes, but you could say the same about the pinnacle of practically any sport you care to name, including fishing! Very few sports can pay their way at the highest level without corporate sponsorship.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

The very witty Humphrey Lyttleton described F1 thus:

"Men in romper suits driving cigarette adverts around in circles for 200 miles at a speed too great to read the ads in the first place"

It isn't sport, it's a marketing excercise.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Personnally i thought schumacer had a good race on sunday, he recorded the fastest lap, had to pit four times and still had a respectable points finish! He wasnt trying to dive up the side of trulli, he was too interested in making sure he was in front of DC.

Scott, Gaffer!

My thoughts exactly,

you dont need to defend schumacer, his results and his record does that for him!