AnglersNet get-together?

*Ant*

Littlefeathers,

I would also very much like this to happen and think it should most deffinately be over a weekend. I have requested an info pack from Billing Aquadrome to get an idea of costs etc. but would request that anyone who is interested should post an area in which they would be willing to travel, I think the first decision should be a venue that everyone is happy with. I also think, if we are going to use the "Anglers Net" banner, that we should have Eltons permission before proceding.

Accomadation is likely to be a major issue, so what would everyone consider suitable? I for one would be willing to crash down in my bivvy, but that's just me. I am happy to help arrange this but need information from you guys and gals as to what you want. :)

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koi Carp:

Sounds like a good plan to me. Elton, if cash is a problem i recon if you charged members for comming you could do it. Only a few bob mind, we anglers spend all our cash on tackle. (especially the carpers :D )

This is not directed at you Koi Carp but seemed a good spot to start

Just a bit confused here, aanthony is organising this from what I have read so far and quite a few people are up for it.

How is it that Elton has a cash problem, what is he paying for :confused:

Aanthony took the pressure off Elton by suggesting that AN people interested run this shindig and leave Elton to just to turn up if he can, preferably with baby, wife and spot the dog.

If Elton had come up with this idea then fair enough, he would have to do the cash thing and the organisation, but as he never we have to do it ourselfs as previously suggested on this topic.

Don't get me wrong, as things progress we will have to pay a deposit to secure the venue, this will probably be upfront so we will have to put our money where our mouths are.

Insurance should be taken into consideration as well, what if we have paid our money and the venue closes down due to sheet weather, a major fire, water pollution etc etc.

Accomadation can be sorted out nearer the date, I am sure that a lot of people will be happy to bivvy/tent it so sites near or next to the water will have to be checked out.

A lot of people would like to thank Newt for his never ending input and help over the past 3 years so it would be nice but not essential that this event happens when he comes over. A few of us will have our meeting with Newt no matter what.

I for one think that middle England should be selected, I would say Stafford but there is a chance of meeting up with AF Your propossed venue sounds good.

The date will dictate the price, summer hols and they are sure to be sky high. But saying that we have interested parties that have children, another thing to think about.

Sorry folks, I don't mean to be the Devils advocate here but a lot of people are willing to spend a lot of money on travelling a long way for a get together. Sea anglers fishing for fishing for minnows :(

Lets get it organised.

I am easy, as long as there is an airport, it does not conflict with fishing with Davy, health and I can borrow a rod, I will be there :)

Give it some thought :) and if you can help Aanthony with the arrangments I am sure he will be over the moon :cool:

Alan(nl)

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

You mean Elton isn't paying!

:D

No this would be a case of paying for a ticket probably, but it would be just to cover costs, but certainly not to make any profit. I would think calculating the monies involved and then dividing the cost between those wanting to participate would be the way to go.

Oh Alan, think everyone here thinks your easy. :D

Does it have to have a fishing venue or do we just want to meet, chat and have a laugh?

Have a look here , central(ish) location and near me to go and check out if nead be.

Any feedback?

You can count me in too if it is not too far away. I've been to a couple of fish-ins and both were immensely enjoyable. Plus I owe Alan Roe a pint and a pub meal :rolleyes:

Tight lines

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

aanthony:

Does it have to have a fishing venue

I for one think it should be, after all this is an angling site and we are all anglers of one discipline or another.

I have only been to 1 fishin in the UK and enjoyed it imensly (must install a spell checker).

Most of AN people ended up in our little camp, I think we had the most booze and thanks to Alan Stubs I drank the most :(

People drifted in and out at all times of the day and night, a few of us went into the village/town for a curry out stopping off at the pub on the way there and back. It was well worth the journey. There is a slide show about it, Yately 2001, that will explain how it went a little bit better. I think what I am trying to say is that if a person just wants to get away from the crowd for an hour or so, they can take there rod and have a little play with it.

These are just my opinions but will go along with the majority.

Cheers.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Speaking for myself, Mr Feathers and Bad attitude teenager feathers, a family thing would be nice, over a weekend and in a tent is fine with us. We are more than happy to pay our way and help out if needed. Either venue is fine with us as we're travelling up anyway, probably in convoy with littleonions and family.

I only own sea fishing equipment and havent a clue about that so our family will probably just sit watch the experts,enjoy the weekend and chill :D

So are we just leaving it in aanthony's capable hands. :D:D or aanthony do you require any help ......... :confused: :D

Mandy

Another date for your poor overcrowded diary, Little Feathers - you have a wedding to attend on Aug 7th '04!

We would hope to escape to this wonderful get together with only Mini Onions in tow and she gets on really well with Bad Attitude Feathers :D

Aanthony - I don't know what we can do to help with all this but please let us know. :confused:

Help me unhook these, please.

Originally posted by little onions:

[QB] Another date for your poor overcrowded diary, Little Feathers - you have a wedding to attend on Aug 7th '04!

-------------------------------------

Blimey a wedding date , now I've definately got a frock crisis, let alone colour of hair decision :D

Paul and I could still be joining you yet, we havent had time to talk too much about our wedding plans what with every thing else thats been going on

See you next saturday thou

xxx