ABS

Rusty

So why has it taken nearly 40 years for it to become standard equipment?

I've been browsing through the 'Look at Life' videos on youtube and came across this little nugget. View from 2:50 onwards and check out the clunky technology, it worked though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkN2Rr1Ol7Y

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I wonder if that's the same system that was famously fitted to the Jensen FF?

I guess the reasons ABS was eventually able to become more or less ubiquitous were:

Pretty much universal adoption of servo brakes

Availability of cheap, reliable electronic sensors, actuators and microprocessors

Consumer demand

EU mandate

I like having ABS on a road car, and I'm glad we've got it on all the cars, but to be honest I would happily take the non-servo, non-ABS braking system from the earlier Rover engined Elises - fantastic pedal feel with no assistance.

ABS is that Volvo tech term for

Another bloody shower

Automatic Boot shower

Amatuer Boot surfing :bigemo_harabe_net-183: he he

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

ABS is that Volvo tech term for

Another bloody shower

Automatic Boot shower

Amatuer Boot surfing :bigemo_harabe_net-183: he he

blowing-a-raspberry-smiley-emoticon.gif

I now have the superior Volvo boot liner accessory which has transformed this premium brand product into….a fishing wagon!

DSCN1114_zpsb7b52b87.jpg

A ‘marmite’ car it certainly is but how could anyone not admire the design;

DSCN1110_zpscdef076c.jpg

DSCN1115_zpse991671b.jpg

Thats a volvo? I thought volvos were a long box made by volvo

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Very nice mate that will keep the muck and bullets off the stuff it`s not supposed to get on ,just one question ....................................................................

Is it waterproof?? :marinheiro::whistling::boxing:

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Thats a volvo? I thought volvos were a long box made by volvo

Yes Chesters, it was their way of appealing to young happenin' dudes only this particular example has fallen into my possession. A short 6 year production run ended in December 2012, a few were left on forecourts at hugely discounted prices.

It’s brilliant at high speed travelling in comfort, it’s a bit average at getting to the high speed (mine’s a 1.6 diesel) and it’s useless at doing all of that with a family and luggage aboard, you’d have to leave either the kids or luggage at home. I don’t have kids so it suits me rather well.

Thirty quid a year to tax it, £170 a year fully comp insurance, it’s averaged 55 mpg in 4000 miles and I found out yesterday that I have free Europe wide breakdown cover until March 2016. Servicing costs are a bummer though. It does have ABS but I can't find the hand valve pointed out in the OP video.

Edited by Rusty

Yes Chesters, it was their way of appealing to young happenin' dudes only this particular example has fallen into my possession. A short 6 year production run ended in December 2012, a few were left on forecourts at hugely discounted prices.

Its brilliant at high speed travelling in comfort, its a bit average at getting to the high speed (mines a 1.6 diesel) and its useless at doing all of that with a family and luggage aboard, youd have to leave either the kids or luggage at home. I dont have kids so it suits me rather well.

Thirty quid a year to tax it, £170 a year fully comp insurance, its averaged 55 mpg in 4000 miles and I found out yesterday that I have free Europe wide breakdown cover until March 2016. Servicing costs are a bummer though. It does have ABS but I can't find the hand valve pointed out in the OP video.

push a wardrobe into that and that fancy bootiner would be shreds ,get a real one pllleeease dont you hate design by air tunnel all fords look the same or rather all chinese will look the same

if i had money i would buy another 240 then hand it over to a company to update the brakes (later ones did have abs) and suspension (keeping the turning circle) refurb the engine and everything else (they had a 19 year design life so built well anyway)and use that ,i have no use for pretty or excelleration or top speed its not what a car should be judged on especially the latter

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson