Kayack fishing....record catches in UK

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

I wonder if these would work well on a kayak.

Very small footprint anchor that holds well for small craft.

Posted Image

And a great way to avoid clutter from the anchor line. With a kayak and the smaller anchor, you can use lighter line than they list and greatly increase the spool capacity.

Posted Image

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Newt,

Posted Image

I've got one of these it fits into the same base as my rod holders but have yet to buy an anchor to give it a go, want to get a fold-up like in your picture, but the one I want which comes in an protective bag seems to be only available with a different style anchor which won't do at all, going to keep looking. :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

And now that I have managed to upload my first image, here is one I took earlier. . . . . . Hey Art, your famous! :cool:

Posted Image

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi Art,

I expect Marvin will fit it for you :D

(the Anchor System I mean )

It is a bonus, and well worth the effort.

As for the Prowler 13, I am going to have a look at it next year.

Im sorry to say Im very dissapointed with the Cobra Navigator.But only on the quality side of things, her performance is good.

When I got her, I noticed small pin holes in the skirt of the hull,sadly these holes are getting more and more, plus small blisters turning into more holes.Im not a happy bunny.

Ive spoken to Bournemouth Canoes about it, and guess what, they cant seem to be able to contact the importer.

This has been going on for nearly three months, with no result, very dissapointing.

If I get no satisfaction soon, I will go direct to Cobra and tell them that the guy importing thier Yaks ,is not a good advert for thier company,or thier Yaks.

I dont think Ill be buying another Cobra Yak.

Who is the coollooking dude in the Drifter, looks like he may have found Starvins Glasses :D:D:P

Later Art.

Yakity. :)

Hiya Newt,

Yep, I have nearly the same anchor, it works a treat too.

As for the Anchormate, it looks like a good piece of kit.

Fitting and useing it on a Kayak could be a problem, I think.

Siteing it, and useing it, would be a little awkward.

But thats just my oppinion, the other guys may be able to use it.

Thanks for showing us Newt, its good to have people helping, and looking out for us.

How has your fishing been, I suppose youve been spoilt :D

Is the engine still doing ok?? Strange how it died the way it did.

I hope the Hurricanes have missed you and the

family, been some terrible damage done, to property and souls.

Its been a bad year for the darn things hasnt it.

They always seem to whack the Florida Area, why is that.Something to do with jetstreams?? :confused:

Hope the kin are well.

Later Newt.

Hi Starvin,

Thats a nifty looking piece of kit,but would it limmit you too forward or aft anchor points??

Thinking about it, I suppose not, fitting one forward and aft would do it, nice idea.

You are gonna need a bigger Yak soon :D:D:D .

That picture of Art is a beut,.......pssssssst,

he did find your glasses :P .

Catch you later.

Hi G F.

Nice to know your lazey too :D:D ......sod all that paddleing nonscence.

The lead idea is good, to slow your drift, would proberbly be fine to anchor with too.

Better with a long wieght than a ball, for obvious reasons.

I would be tempted to add about 18 inches of chain to it though,would help it to ride over small rocks etc,I think??

I am going to make some small anchors out of light guage reinforceing steel, when I get round to it , and try them out Ill post a pic.

A lot of the bigger boats use them with good effect, cheap too,I like that bit :D:D

Later G F.

Starvinmarvin - I have a very similar anchor locking device as the one you pictured. I like it but you are left with lots of loose anchor line. Not bad in a larger boat but I wouldn't think it would be much fun on a kayak.

YY - the anchor-mate line drum should mount fine outboard of the boat on the side. You probably couldn't use the anchor guide piece but I'd bet a pulley a couple of feet forward or aft of it would be possible. Just mount the winding drum where the handle was convenient while you were seated. It might even work to put the line drum where it was handy and the anchor holder at the bow with a couple of small guide pulleys to make the line run where you want it. I know there are lots of ways to rig an anchor but this is excellent for keeping things out of your way, neat, and ready for use. There is a release lever on top so to lower the anchor you just twist that piece until it hits bottom. The drum rotates but the handle does not when lowering.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Newt,

Yes, I see your point, but with the Kayaks, we tend to sit side saddle quite a lot, swinging our legs out over the side, or sides.

I think the Anchormate would be in the way to be honest.

We dont have the luxury of a lot of space on our tupperware tubs.

All the space and attachments have to be carefully chosen and sited.

Even the simple tasks like baiting up, or landing fish in a Yak are ,or can be a task, the less you have around the deck the better, this is where the work takes place.

Im gonna stick with my H frame :D:D