Kayack fishing....record catches in UK

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Hi Art,

Its Mr Seal, PERCY I think :D

Yep, Sept could be a good month, cant be any worse than what weve had so far.( can it )

Been looking at some dry bags for the winter months, bloomin pricey items.

Art, well done and thankyou for all your hard work with the UKKA UK site, Im sure the other guys appreciate you too.

Four day week.......ummmm .....should be more of them :D

Hope you manage a trip at the weekend, and smash your current record :P:P:D

Catch you later,....say hi to Tom.

Yakity. :)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi G F.

Re your dry bag for the camera,Art is right they are a bit pricey.

Before I bought the Digital cam, I bought a Canon

sure shot 35mm aw ss foto kit.

Quite cheap and water proof, may be a good idea for you and your m8 to go halfs on one, just a thought G F.

Haveing said that, I bought a water proof box from our local Paddle shop for £14, the digital goes in a treat, keeps it safe.

Sorry to hear you blanked, but glad to hear your buddy did ok.

What modle of Yak does he ride ??

Later.

Yakity :)

he uses the same as i do...scrambler xt :)

sony do a box for my camera, so i think i may go down that route... the bags look like a good deal, but having used my friends one that allows all the buttons etc to be played with and filters etc to be added i think i may stump up the extra...+ the box gives it a little more bump protection.

Started to get a bit more organised on the boat now...need to sort that hatch out me thinks...maybe i'll wait till next year

My m8 was using a different rig to me...looks like it payed off. I stuck to a boom rig with a shad...sliding ledger it is from now on. Think i may have a stab at using some rag as well next time...

Can anyone recommend an anchor btw?

Hi GF.

Glad you have sorted your cam box out.

As for the Anchors, we use a 2.5 kg, and a 1.5 kg

depending where were fishing, small fold away modles made for dingies.

Going to make some also, useing light grade reinforceing wire( used for strengthening concrete )good for rough ground, if it gets stuck, pull, and the tiegns bend straight........

if that makes sense. :rolleyes:

Beware the front hatch on the XT, could be a problem. they dont seal very well at all apparently.On a personal note Im leaveing mine well alone.

Later.

YY. :)

Gentlemen,

Nice Seal Yakity, sorry I haven't responded earlier been doing my fatherly duties :D

On the hatch front, my 6 incher! does let a very small amount of water but nothing to worry about, if this does worry you stick some of those childrens float tubes (the kind they learn to swim with) inside the hull, I've put a couple in mine, also used them to section the hull off so that items can't disappear to the stern, they cost about £3 each from your local beach shop or £7 from a sports shop :)

On another note I have taken to wearing rubber gloves when baiting up with rags, they bite the gloves and not me, girly I know, but we have big rags with big fangs down south :D

Later

Starvinmarvin

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi Starvin,

Glad you liked the seal, ....cute init :D

Yeeeeessssss,....wve heard a lot about your 6 incher :P

Now, about these rubber gloves, :rolleyes: is this the washing up type ??

We have to use welders gloves here,.....now THAT is big rag :D

If it works for you,....why not.

Been watching the weather forcasts carefully, looks like it could be a good one this weekend.

Are you getting your butt wet??

Hope the family are all ok.Nice to see your doing your Daddy duties :D

Mine are all grown up and independent now, I miss em.

Later.

Yakity :)

Yakity, have to do a bit of DIY this weekend, but have tomorrow off, gonna work like a dog so that I get enough brownie points to allow for a trip out.

Rubber gloves, car maintainence type 100 for £5, skin tight with a hint of powder to aid fitting!

Hey gonefishing, meeting up is a brilliant idea, been and seen Yakety and Big Al, known Art for years, we should try and find a central spot for all of us to get to, Bristol area maybe or just over the bridge might be a good idea as Art is in Pembrokeshire, I'm in Hampshire, Yakity is in Devon, and I guess your in the Dorset area. That would give all of us about a 2 - 2.5 hr drive.

If there are any others who would like to join the fun let us know where you are and we can adjust the location to make it easy for everyone, as long as we don't end up in Birmingham.

Reviews are a great idea and are something I'm working on with the AnglersAfloat site, but they need to be done over a period of testing, Art and I have both recently bought a Berkley Lip Gripper with digital scales which a brilliant, and incredibly accurate, but they need to be long term tested to give an accurate view, especially if people may use their hard earned cash to purchase them.

With both of the sites comes a huge responsibilty as we will hopefully be safely guiding a host of new people into this sport we all love.

Starvinmarvin

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hey Starvin.....and GF.

The meet sounds like a great idea, Al and I will proberbley paddle across:eek: :D

As for the sites, yep, careful and thoughtfull

information, and reviews are a must.

We should also look into a disclaimer being writen in, not just against products and reviews, but other Kayakfishing information we offer to other people.

It should be made clear that we only offer guide lines for the sport, and that all responsability lies with the individual, wishing to partake in the sport.

Especialy with regard to thier own safty and individual skill levels, and health.

Hope your brownie points meet with approval :D

Yakity. :)

[ 02. September 2004, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak ]