Kayack fishing....record catches in UK

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Art,

Great pics and write up, see what you mean about the grip, that Mackys going nowhere. :D

His face is a picture though.Well done Tom.

Well, on the night fish front, again the weather has knocked us back. So frustrateing, the wind is the problem every time( to much curry )

Spent all day Sat fine tuneing the Yak.

Needed to reorganise the set up to allow more efficeient working while bait fishing.

Have added a milk crate to the rear to keep the anchor and rope in,along with several other bits n bobs.

Al and I tried to get in at our usual spot on Sunday, got there for 7am,got out of the van , looked over the cliffs and saw the water was all over the shop, very confused and very choppy.

Again the wind was blowing hard,so we decided to go over to Brixham.

Arrived at Brixham about 8.30,there was a slight breeze and very little chop, GREAT says us.

Got the Yaks in and off we went.

We had lug, rag, and some frozen peeler,ready to do battle.

The breakwater had a few Mackerel Bashers on it, so we went across to the other side of the bay.

We were fishing tight on some shallow rocks there,we spent about an hour going along around the ground, with nothing showing at all, then we saw why, a large seal popped his head up and looked at us.

Got a pic will try and post it.

After about another hour the wind started to blow, the sea got rough,so we made our way back to the breakwater again, but alas NO FISH :(

Today, Mon, the wind is right up again, so no fishing today.......SIGH :D

Wish I had better news of fighting fish, new records,and nice pics,.....never mind.

Suppose that will be next weekend......maybe ??

Nice to see you guys have been haveing fun.

Later.

Yakity. :)

Hi YY,

sorry your weekend wasn't more productive...it can be so frustrating....look at Starvin, here for 10 days...just one trip out!!!..still fingers crossed for some september record breaking!!...I really like september as the shore fishing really kicks off and there's plenty for the kayak if the weather holds! :)

Nice pic of your fishing partner...is that Mr Seal or Mr Otter???...lovely otters up in Scotland..but they are so difficult to photograph...you never know where they are gonna come up next!!! :D

I've got a busy few days coming up, but hope to get out at the weekend and get a few pages working on the website....email is working by the way...send any record pics to records@ukka.co.uk and I'll sort 'em out.

Cheers for now and Titelines for next weekend!...it's a four day week!!! :D:)

Art

just wandered out for a couple of hours till moonrise...i blanked (apart from a snuffle off a gurnard i reckon)...my m8 filled his kayak with mackeral, and caught a red and a tub gurnard, one big one small.

Usual conversation..."got your camera?" "no"...

/me wanders off to buy a waterproof box for the missus's camera.

Ps...does anyone know where to by paddle leashes?

Hi GF,

Glad you managed to get out, shame no fish though...mind you I've just looked out the window this morning and it is perfect for kayakfishing...that must mean I've got mountain of work on!!! :(

paddle leashes can be purchased from any of the big kayak shops but if you have a surf shop near you...the board leash that they use does exactly the same job. A velcro locking wrap on either end and a flexible plastic cord connecting the two. All for about a tenner. :)

By the way if the 'box' for your wife's camera turns out to be a little pricey..check out the Aquapac bags here...

http://www.aquapac.co.uk/ukstore/erol.html

there are two different sizes depending on the camera...and even an SLR case now.

Cheers for now

Art