Kayack fishing....record catches in UK

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U.K. Kayak Anglers gives UKKA which is OK in print but would be hard to say.

Now Kayak Anglers U.K would give KAUK which would be somewhat easier.

Now if you are asking me about the names showing up on the web in general, blame the search bots that google, yahoo, msn, and others have out crawling web sites. When you look at AN and see a total number of members on the forum and a total number of guests, chances are that 5 or more of the 'guests' are really bots dredging for content to apply to their masters' search engines.

As to them showing up on AN in places other than threads where we discuss possible names, could you give examples - maybe post the URLs?

[ 16. August 2004, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi YY

Yes the reason those were coming up is because I posted them 'publicly' on the forum and then as our friend Newt says, the search engines pick it up and disply it if a search is made. Amazing really isn't it?...I couldn't believe it...however that is not a problem as it's only us being a little 'too' public with the suggested names.

Maybe if we PM the short listed names to everybody who's interested and get feedback that way and then we'll put the chosen one on the forum for all to see.

I'll have a look through shortly and send a list through to you for your comments and take it from there. If all is well I'll forward to all those involved. :)

Cheers for now,

Art

Kayak Angling Yobs And Kids

KAYAK

Has a certain symmetry to it don't you think? :)

[ 17. August 2004, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

YY your PM address might be wrong then... I've sent you two...one last night and one this morning...better check your profile and email address...alternatively PM me and I'll reply to that with the mails...bit of a bugger though, one was about a mile long and took me ages to type!

Nevermind...I'm working at present, so I might not be able to get back to you until the morning

Cheers for now,

Art

I like hers better than mine.

The bolding and italics is nothing really fancy but in front of each first letter the 'tag' to begin bolding and the 'tag' to begin italics and after the letter, the tags to close each. The order is important though since it has to stay balanced so if you start with a bolding tag, you have to end with the close bolding.

code:

[b][i]K[/i][/b]ayak [b][i]A[/i][/b]ngling [b][i]Y[/i][/b]obs [b][i]A[/i][/b]nd [b][i]K[/i][/b]ids

[b][i]KAYAK[/i][/b]

[ 17. August 2004, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]