Kayack fishing....record catches in UK

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

I like the look of that Starvin...but $89...is it, or something like it available here? :D

No problem with the job, you know I need the money! ...has it gone through approval he says in a stealthy fashion, hoping to be able to chase a PO :rolleyes:

I'm gonna tie a few more flies before you get here and we'll try every last one of them!!!...I haven't seen those records yet I'll have a look in a mo.

Cheers for now

Art...oh by the way I've bought two domains for the BKA ...we'll have a vote on which is best!!! :D

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one available over here, seen it in a catalogue, will have a look tonight, Fulling Mill do a couple with spring loaded scale.

Job wise I don't know, trying to keep my head down, sticking it out of my bunker just gets it blown off!

We need some brown and white clousers from what I have been reading, and red and white and blue and white, that should be enough, 2 of each, one for you and one for me, for the flounder!

Weather a week friday on the long range looks terrible 9mm rain, hope they are wrong rest of the time looks changeable.

I was thinking about the domain names, glad you've checked.

Have you read Leon's article on mullet, just run myself a copy off, it's on the Fly fishing forum.

Nice use of the Gremlins or is that Graemlins by the way, I get to excited to use them until the end :rolleyes:

Happy tying.

Starvinmarvin

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Nice one Starvin,

I've been making some nice clousers...got every colour but chatruese (however you spell it!) I've got yellow which will suffice...I've read that yellow and orange work well with turbulent, coloured water so we might as well give some of them a bash too! :D

Incidentally I've found that Orvis' super eyes are fantastic for clousers..and not too heavy as with some monsters...I've made a couple for you to try out...as well as the bigger varieties if the going gets tough!

I'll check out those articles!

Weather wise, we're bound to find a window or twenty to fish in!!!...just hope if it does blow it comes from the west...recent easterly has just made kayaking a nightmare in the bay...uncomfortable, messy chop!!! :(

Fingers crossed...

Art

BKA - like it, even tho i won't be kayaking until at least next year.

I have an idea for a logo:

a overhead view of a kayak in the middle, pointing up/down north/south whatever, crossed with two rods - one a fly rod, one a spinner/bait.

was thinking outer circle with red background and gold/yellow lettering round the circle, inner circle of navy blue with kayak and crossed rods in gold.

not that i'd thought about it at all..... :D

GB

marvin - i would hope ALL posters on UKSWFF would tell you what fly !

www.swff.co.uk - Guernsey Saltwater Fly Fishing

Member of B.A.S.S. - www.ukbass.com

Member of NFSA www.nfsa.org.uk

"better to have fished and lost than never fished at all "

Hi GB,

glad you like the name...however there is a slight problem that marvin and I have spotted...so we may have to choose another name along the same lines...more of that later

As far as a logo is concerned, your ideas are duely noted :) and indeed are very similar to concepts already drawn up! Once we get these name issues resolved we will get a few logo designs together and I'll post em up for you and the rest of the guys to pass comment upon.

Can't say much more at the moment...it's all very cloak n dagger!

Tite Lines

Art

Hi YY,

sorry for the slow reply..just cause Starvin is here and I wanna go fishin...I get loaded with work from every corner!

'Name' problem is that the initials are being used by another fishy organisation...who wouldn't be too amused with our fishy activity. We'd be sure to get some confusion between the two and that would no doubt lead to a bit of aggravation...which we could do without..this is just for fun afterall.

Anyhow we've got plenty of alternatives. Let me know what your other favourites are and we'll check out any likely problems.

Bit of a shame as I liked that one too, but we must try to avoid other fish related organisations. I briefly checked out some of the other acronyms and typically they came back with completely unrelated businesses or none at all!

Whatever we end up with it will be great I'm sure and I can't wait to get to work on the logo! :)

Let me know any thoughts and I'll pass em on to SM too...he's camping nearby...sprung a few leaks last night in heavy rain...flipped his yak with Aaron onboard this afternoon...him and his boy were fine but he lost his Oakleys!!!!

I'll cheer him up tomorrow with some fish!

cheers for now

Art...hope to get some pics for you too!...even if it's just SM flipping again! :D:D:D

Hi Art,

Thanks for the reply.

Who is the other fishy organisation that we could offend.

What, or who are they, Im curious.

How on earth could we be confused with them anyway??

Got my limited cells clicking away here :D:D

Im glad SM and Aaron are ok, after the filp

Must have been the glasses.....didnt see the wave comeing:D.......good job they dont cost a lot.

Love to see some pics Art,would be FLIPPING great:D

Hope you all have fun and catch a load of fish.

If this name thing is that sensitive PM me with the details.

Cheers for now.

yy

Hi Art.

Just been looking around the net with regard to the name.

Typed in B.K.A.Fishing, to see what came up.

It puzzles me, that we as the Kayak fishing group, are still in the process of chooseing our name.

Yet reference is being made to the following names on the web.

U.K Kayakfishing association

U.K. Kayak Anglers.

U.K. Kayakfishers Organisation.

Also B.K.A.

As none of these should exist yet, why are they being displayed ??

Its on a Anglers Net site too.

YY :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

[ 16. August 2004, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak ]