Phew

Andrew

Thought the roof was going to be blew off this morning at around 3.30am. Wind howling. Been snowing and real big hail stones just 10 minutes ago, and its chuffing freezing cold out there man.

:cold:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Wind about 4mph here but we had a gust of 15 a few minutes ago

A leaf blew past i am sure

• Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Expecting a huge surge here on the East coast sometime in January, dont have a clue where they will all live?

• Like 1

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Is any of this likely to affect you?

A developing extratropical low pressure system over the North Atlantic, dubbed "Xaver" by the Free University of Berlin, is predicted to "bomb" into a potent storm with winds near hurricane force that will bring damaging winds and storm tides to the coasts of Germany, the Netherlands, and Denmark on Thursday. By Thursday night, Xaver's center will cross southern Sweden, and damaging winds from the storm will sweep the coasts of Poland, Lithuania, and southern Sweden. The center of the low will pass over southern Norway, bringing strong northwest winds that will funnel down the North Sea. The European model predicts that at 18 UTC on Thursday, winds on the west coast of Denmark will be sustained near 58 mph (93 kph). Xaver will be accompanied by intense thunderstorms capable of mixing the stronger winds occurring aloft down to the surface, and wind damage may rival that of October's Extratropical Storm "Christian" (AKA the St. Jude storm), which bottomed out at 968 mb. Christian killed 18, and did $1.4 billion in damage.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

It's having quite an impact in Scotland and the North of England Newt.

And we are expecting quite a tidal surge along the east coast tonight and on Friday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25227714

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Expecting a huge surge here on the East coast sometime in January, dont have a clue where they will all live?

Going to have drive down to the local beach tonight, could be fun watching the waves battering the defences.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Going to have drive down to the local beach tonight, could be fun watching the waves battering the defences.

Best to stay in and watch the videos on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=762913277068742&set=vb.100000502306505&type=2&theater

936780_633544303375177_1543879421_n.jpg

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Expecting a storm surge this evening high tide around 5 pm some parts of town will be flooded this evening the last time we had anything like this here wwas 1994 there was even salmon swimming about in a carpark its now howling off the sea and snow showers i took this shot at 11am the wind was still off the land not off the sea then but gusting well over 60mph the sea is all of a boil with waterspouts the swell is going to very big tonight and tommorow with waves opto 6mtr,

WIND011_zps36e10d82.jpg

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

We have had a lovely day here today, with more to come apparently.

I hope everyone affected stays safe.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

We got a real battering down our local beach. Waves as high as 30 foot at on spell. Where the airshow is that also got a battering. Sea defences wall doing the job though.

This lad has his gable end blown down, ironically he's a bricklayer by trade. VIDEO

ROKER STORMS

Edited by Andrew

“Vescere bracis meis”