Another blow out.

Well......

The weather has beaten back another trip.

Was hoping to get out today, spent a while getting all the kit ready, checking it over etc.

Went down to the beach this morning at 06.30 just to have a look, realy messy sea with white tops everywhere.

Couple of dog walkers chasing thier hats up the beach, and not another sole to be seen.

Forecast said wind.....and bogger me they were right:D ......sadly. :(

Has anybody noticed how the winds are becomming more frequent over the past 4/5 years?

Ohh well.....heres hoping things will get a bit better.......right, wheres the hoover.....must do the dusting......washing.....ummmmm :D

YY :)

[ 28. May 2005, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak - u.k. ]

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi yakity

When I'm fishing up here in Sunderland during the winter for cod theres never enough bloody wind! :mad:

Makes you wish you could save the wind up for when you want it, eh? :(

I hope you get out soon, I imagine your season is quite short. frosty

Hi Geoff.

At least the wind/kite surfers are happy :D

Yes mate the season can be very short, depending on how kind the weather is.

But try telling the wife that :D ......not realy, she is as good as gold, and lets me out to play when I like :)

Hows your fishing been?........had any reel screamers yet :D

No, unfortunatly not but i aim to address that in August at Anglesy. I'm going to target bull huss, tope and conger from the shore. Fingers crossed :rolleyes:

I've just read NEA Andy uses a frenzy and have noticed these are much cheaper than the others. Are these quite good for kayak fishing?

Can you still rig them out like the other kayaks?

G'day YY

Got a solution for your bad weather - COME AND LIVE HERE :D

sorry! demon

At least when Malibu kayaks start arriving in the UK - you'll have a yak that actually likes a bit of rough weather (Xfactor)

We have quite a popular boating community here(Obviously) - we have something called a tinny, an alloy boat with an outboard about 14-15ft long.

I've been out in my "X" when the Tinnys don't even try - as long as I've got my thigh straps on,(which secures me to the yak) and a wave hits me - its no problem. Except I get very wet and VERY sea sick when its really choppy

Fishyak

Hiya fishyak.

Reckon your solution could be the way to go :D

When our seas are rough, the wave patterns are very close together, not long flowing swells.

Which makes the water very confused and difficult/uncomfortable to fish.

How do the wave patterns compare to yours over there.?

YY :)

Geoff, I use a Perception Scooter but have a brother with a Frenzy and I've been out in it. It'll be great to fish from as it's very stable. My brother is 6ft & about 19 stone so that'll give you an idea of it's capability.

I've got another brother with a Frenzy on orde rand you'll be welcome to try it out as well as my Scooter anytime :)

Damn wind!

Haven't been out for over 10 days now & I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.

However, I can relax a bit knowing that the kayak fishing season is all year round for me. If I miss the peak time for one species another species will be on its way.

Looking forward to my winter cod and whiting sessions (yummy :D )

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow