10lb+ Polish perch

WickerDave

Tough one to call but I have to ask the question:

Why was it weighed in Lbs when on the continent,I have checked with a Polish girl I work with and Poland use KG and Grams?

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Certainly looks to be an 8lber.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Tough one to call but I have to ask the question:

Why was it weighed in Lbs when on the continent,I have checked with a Polish girl I work with and Poland use KG and Grams?

It probably wasn't weighed in pounds ... it was reported in a UK publication that way ... most of out educated masses would have been less than impressed with a headline that shouted about a weight in excess of 4.5KG :D

FWIW, it's just possible that I may be able to get access to some more accurate info here, maybe even from the proverbial horses mouth ... I'll update as and when :bye1:

That said, whatever the weight, it's a seriously big fish - regarless of how far the fish may have been held towards the camera, look at the size of its head compared to the size of what can be seen of the anglers hands. Personally, I hope the report is accurate - I've been banging on about how good the fishing is in Poland - and the Vistula / Wisla in particular - for long enough!

Edited by philocalist

Blimey that's a giant perch !!

Photo's often do no justice to the size of a fish, very hard to tell the weight, imo it may easily be the weight stated as we can't see how thick it is across it's back etc....corkin' fish.

It does look old and probably not good to eat, I wonder if it was released or taken home for tea ?

Edited by Tigger

Like Terry said apparently it's just another hoax.

This was discussed on one of my clubs forums (VAC); they said that apparently the guy reported the weight correctly at 5lb 5 oz (still a lunker) on Facebook, but someone else changed the weight to 10lb 6oz; apparently they said 'for a laugh'.

If this is true then there are some sick individuals out there; and some pretty poor reporting too.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Shame it turned out like this, but at least the captor appears to have been honest, and playing it straight, and the deceit was the action of someone else.