GRAYLING BASH...TIMSBURY MANOR...NOV 12th

argyll

well i'm first home and i caught the least! a tiny trout and a roach. i'm sure elton will be on soon enough crowing about his catch! everyone seemed to do well except me, boo hoo. but it has to be said, it's a lovely place and i'd be back there like a shot

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No Grayling but almost everything else

Ive been home half an hour but stopped at the fish and chip shop on the way home.

Started on the main river but found it very very hard going with the amount of weed and other bits of stuff floating down the river go a bit fed up with untangling the weed. I saw a deer come out of the trees on the far bank with was a nice thing to see but alass no fish, not on the end of the line anyway.

I heading back up to the fast carrier where I managed to get a brown trout and lots of minows was hard fishing with the water being so shallow and so fast.

I returned back to the car to get some food and quiver rod before walking down along the slow carrier fishing few spots with maggots and caught a couple of small roach a dace and a small chub. I baited up a spot where there was a big weed raft right across the river. I fished a bit that reminded me of when I was a kid sitting on top of a bridge dropping maggots at my feet and trotting a float down caught a nice rainbow second trott down.

I went back to the spot I had baited up on the slow carrier I layed on with breadflake on 5lb line size 12 hook with a chubber float had a couple of bites which had me striking into thin air then the third bite all hell broke loose Im still quite new to using a centrepin reel amazing how fast they spin when theres a carp on the end, good fun though may have to take the pin to the local puddle.

About ten mins later my first river carp of 8lb lay in the landing net, my aims for the day completed :D:D

I put a lob worm out on the quiver rod which was out about 10mins and it roared away which resulted in a small pike about 2lb.

A very good day fabulous weather never would of known it was November would of been nice to get a few grayling but thats fishing!

Fish caught

Carp

Roach

Rainbow Trout

Brown Trout

Roach

Chub

Dace

and Minnows

Im quite impress with 8 species in one day

Good to meet up with everyone and put faces to names

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

Beautiful place.

Not a great photo, but this will give you a taste...

post-51-1131824491_thumb.jpg

... and great to meet up with a good bunch of AN'ers

Edited by GlennB

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Guest sandpipper

Hi guy`s, It was nice to meet some of you ive got lots of photo`s if anyone wants them. it was funny when my son misunderstood the fish grayling for grey allien and got scared. also was when some young girl stopped me in the woods and tried to charge me for walking around and taking photo`s she wasnt happy when i told her i was on a public footpath and i have a right to walk along there and my garden backs on the river so all i was doing was taking an exstended walk, ah silly woman go away.

Guest Ferret1959

Not been back home long, just gonna get myself sorted and then I'll put my report and pictures in.:):)

Oh got a nice picture of Budgie and his 'Monster'.;)

Edited by Ferret1959

Hi guy`s, It was nice to meet some of you ive got lots of photo`s if anyone wants them.

Nice to meet you and your boy too!

Bung the photos on here sandpipper, if you have a mo :)

I'm sure we'd all love to see them.

cheers

Glenn

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Nice weather though eh? It's the first time I've fished there and not ended up freezing cold.

OK, I'll start with the Elton antics.

First, Elton lost a hook in a fish, which being his last hook (he put an almost empty packet in his pocket when he loaded his pockets up at the car) put him in a slightly difficult position, vis a vis catching fish. So, he asked me if I could spare one.

I could, but I had Drennan Carbon Chub, which I was squashing the barbs down. Elton then squashed the barb down on the one I gave him and promtly cut the hook in half, as he was using braid blades to do the squashing!

So, left with half a hook, he was going back to his car for more, until I convinced him I really could spare another. This was more succesfull and he later caught a Trout.

Big surprise, the trout already had a hook in it's mouth! No, I'm afraid I can't report that it was the hook Elton lost earlier, but at least we now all know that Elton is the proud owner of two and a half hooks!

A great day as usual. Wasn't the mulled wine good?

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

Guest Ferret1959

It all started and ended well for me.

Had 15 grayling in various sizes up to about 1.5 pounds.

Had a few brownies, the best was estimated at 5 to 6 pounds.

Loads on minnows, oh and a rainbow about a pound in weight.

The weather was fantastic for the time of year, very odd weather we are having.

Anyhow here's some pictures to smile at.

My first swim to try, nice innit?:)

firstswim.jpg

Chris Goddard and his mate.

chrisgodndmate.jpg

Another nice stretch.

bottomcarrier.jpg

This is Sephs mate, didn't catch his name but he sure looks happy.

lookshappy.jpg

Maybe this is why.:)

thiscouldbewhy.jpg

Is this a recoed?

Don't want to disclose the anglers name for fear of bigheadedness.:D

gottobearecord.jpg

Just incase you missed it.:D

justincaseyoumissedit.jpg

Dunno what's going on here but Elton wasn't involved............for a change.;)

stuckstick.jpg

Talking of Elton, he didn't lose any floats this time and he did catch some fish.:D

elton.jpg

And here's proof.:)

better.jpg

Last picture, dunno what's going on with the 'fly' but I have no firther comment.:D:D:D

nocomment.jpg

Thanks for a great day out folks.

When's the next one?:D:D