GRAYLING BASH...TIMSBURY MANOR...NOV 12th

argyll

I'll certainly be happy to give a few tips on trotting etc. So far, I've not used a feeder, as I prefer to fish the float for Grayling. If you're going to use a JW, that's OK, but a little stiff when flicking out light floats etc (but medium - large chubbers are OK).

There are bits where the rod will come into it's own though, especially if you hook a "Silver Tourist" in the main river.

Every time I've fished there, the emphasis has been on having a bit of fun and not taking things too seriously. When you worry too much about things, you forget the fact that you're there for pleasure.

My advice is though, take good waterproof clothing (it really can P*** down at Timsbury), waders if you have them, if not wellies should suffice. Take plenty of grub, as being cold AND hungry is horrid.

Hopefully, if the varnish dries, I'll have some special floats for people to try, so I may be looking for volunteers!

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From photos I've seen of the Test, the banks are very low. Is it like that at Timsbury? (just wondering about the landing net handle, in case I catch ;) )

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Guest sandpipper

Hi guys, no probs Argyll, i was speaking to some lads at that fished there yesterday and floating dog biscuits worked well for the pond for the carp average size was 20-25lb lots of tidlers on maggots and for the main river they used lob worms shallow set floats for the graylin and trout. Hope this helps.Tony

Saw the reference to the lakes sandpipper, so I need to remind you all that the lakes are not included in the deal. You can fish the lakes but only on the separate purchase of a day ticket on the bank.

Glenn a six foot landing net handle should be fine.

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Looking bad for me, as......per......effing......usual. :angry:

Hope not Ant, Timsbury have just agreed to throw some old supermarket trollies into the river, just to make you feel more at home on the day. Hope you make it mate.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'