Movies

Andrew

Elysium had more plot holes than pretty much any movie I care to mention! it was set in a truly unbelievable scenario and just didn't drive home any sense of true narrative or depth of character...the two death scenes in there which I guess are supposed to be poignant moments are wasted by nonsensical reasoning behind the deaths and really bad directing/editing.

even the special effects looked a bit flaky and that was on my small ipad screen! I dread to think how ropey they might look on a good 40 inch HD tv!!

how about a good Bond film? (sorry but I was raised on a steady dose of Bond and bawdy sex comedies!! lol!)

nothing like some hi def bond action to while away a couple of hours!!

if not Bond then maybe the Bourne collection?

neither claim to be more than they are.

or maybe something more "epic"

Dances with Wolves (or Avatar; its basically dances with wolves in space anyway!!)

Gladiator

Braveheart

if im really stuck then I head for some of the classics:

Sinbad movies

Ray Harryhausen stuff

the Pink Panther collection

Carry on films

Bond

or my vast collection of Arnie, Van Damme or Stallone 80's action!! Running man, Demolition Man, KickBoxer, Commando, Rambo collection....ill happily waste a rainy afternoon watching them over the modern stuff!

something sweeping and epic blasted out on a huge screen!

Braveheart. YES

Gladiator, got the extended edition. YES

Carry ons, oh yes please matron

Bond movies, YES

Pink Panther, YES

Marx Brothers, yes please.

I watched John Carter, not for me thanks.

A good comedy, Uncle Buck, classic

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Crossed off my list then. Saw 12 years a slave, canny movie. Not as hard hitting as Django.

I thought django was a spaghetti western ,bad at that

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Book of Eli, i think that was on Sky.

Like the planet of the apes movies, saw rise of the planet of the apes. Was enjoyable

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I thought django was a spaghetti western ,bad at that

Django was a spaghetti western starring Franco Nero and yes it was pretty ropey, however Quentin Tarantino has made a new(ish) film of the same title and Franco Nero has a cameo in it, not a bad film quite amusing in parts.

Wolf of wall street is supposed to be pretty good if long (according to a friend whos seen it) and I've got to get around to watching Gravity at some point

to avoid confusion QT named his version Django Unchained.

its an ok movie but the shining performance goes to Christoph Walz who quite frankly tends to overshadow most actors in the movies he is in! his work in Inglorious Basterds was superb!

Apocalypse Now and Saving Private Ryan with your soundbar on rather loud!

Predator remastered to blue ray.

The Hobbit the desolation of Smaug at the cinema - various formats, I watched in 2d.

Django unchained - Sky HD

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

The Hobbit the desolation of Smaug mmmmmmm

“Vescere bracis meis”

if you have any love for Tolkien then for the love of all the gods DO NOT watch the Hobbit part 2!!!

I think Tolkien is so much long winded toilet paper and even I was insulted by how much crap the second film left out and then simply made up new pieces with!!

Edited by kirisute