In-Car DAB

Rusty

I had this fitted to the car yesterday. I couldn’t live with the standard radio’s inability to pick up long wave (no more Test Match Special) and replacing the OEM stereo with digital wasn’t possible on my car, my only option was an add-on system. If you have an aux input facility the Highway uses that to connect to your radio, if not it can be hard wired to the radio’s FM input so you’d then tune a spare channel to the DAB.

http://www.pure.com/product/highway-300di-vl-61716/

It’s very good, the clarity is much better than FM and although I did experience a number of drop-outs when I first picked up the car they reduced dramatically once I’d driven around for a bit. The unit continually searches for new stations and re-tunes stored ones so I think it got itself sorted out with a few miles under its belt. It’s tuned into about 20 stations, some I can’t get because the signal strength is too low but they’re not ones I’d want to listen to anyway. All my favourites are received loud and clear so the next time England take a pasting at the hands of the Aussies I’ll be listening

Volvo were offering it as a complete package with car specific wiring loom, brackets and aerial so I used them to install it but Halfrauds will do it for quite a bit less on most cars (the aerial is additional cost though). If you want in-car DAB but can’t replace your entire system then the Pure Highway 300di is worth considering. Some pics of the installation;

DSCN1121_zpsae51003b.jpg

DSCN1119_zps631f7391.jpg

DSCN1120_zps92f41dbe.jpg

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Very nice mate looks good and glad it seems to be picking up the stations you want, Just one thing is it waterproof?

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

You get rain inside your auto?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

You get rain inside your auto?

Steve's referring to the leaking rear washer incident Newt. Having bought and bigged up the car it developed a problem within a week which turned out to be loads of grief to fix.

Bless ‘im he does drive an inferior Skoda.

Steve's referring to the leaking rear washer incident Newt. Having bought and bigged up the car it developed a problem within a week which turned out to be loads of grief to fix.[/size]

Bless ‘im he does drive an inferior Skoda.[/size]

4 wheel drive la la la 4 wheel drive la la la

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Price ? of

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Price ? of

Volvo's deal is £295 including the aerial and fitting so I just went with that, if there are any issues I can go back to the dealer.

Halfrauds deal is £150 for the kit plus the cost of an aerial (£20 ish), then whatever their chimps charge to install it which I think is about £30. There are a few aerial choices ranging from the internal film one that I have to a posh external one that gives better reception. I didn't want anything poking out of the car so took a punt on the internal one which came with the Volvo package, it's working well so far.

Edited by Rusty

Thanks for that.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I hate radios ,half the time your tuning out crap you dont like and the rest are trying to find crap you do ,i dont own one .

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson