cod fishing (help)

basshead07

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basshead07 - the usual reason this lot gives only wind-up answers to reasonable questions is they either don't know an answer or they though it was a rude question.

Your question was not rude so I'm left thinking that none can offer sensible suggestions for catching that species where you live.

All - winding up a 12 year old who asked about how to catch a certain species? Not like you at all.

Can anyone offer suggestions as to rigs and general location or just tell him that no cod swim in waters he can reach from where he lives?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

rigs i use a simple pulley pennel with 3/0 kamasan b950 hooks

conditions, usually best during or just after a good onshore blow, when the water is well coloured and food items have been washed out of the sand

dont know your local area so cant comment on what

tides are best etc

but like i say, aask local anglers or tackle shops

: O )

John E Ashford:

Newt,

Seeing that you are the wise old sage and know it all, we'll leave it up to you to answer all the 12 year old and younger angling queries.    :rolleyes:  

Old is accurate John. I am, however, hampered in this case by the following

- no cod in the sea around here

- no clue where this youngster lives.

On the other hand, I do have a flock of grandkids around the age of this one and seeing a bunch of sarcasm directed at a youngster by some supposed adults (and I didn't include you in that group since you gave a reasonable answer) sorta bothered me.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President