Remember the bus driver who saw a crocodile?

gozzer

Well, if you scoffed at him then hang your heads in shame.

There's video evidence at last!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2556951/Is-infamous-Bristol-crocodile-Town-councillor-captures-video-believes-PROVES-giant-reptile-living-River-Avon.html

I mean, what more 'convincing' evidence do you need, it's in the Daily Mail. :thumbs:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

almost certainly not crocodilian in nature.

looks like a swimming coypu to me or something far more similar to that....dare I say even "otterish" in nature???? (joke) from the screen grabs...once you watch the video I would suggest its the lesser spotted brown logfish! common relative of the flurty turd fish found on the british coast but not nearly as dangerous!!

regardless; doesn't have the shape or profile to be any of the crocodilian species that might be released or escaped in the area.

given the current climate any reptile in the river system wouldn't last long regardless....

wasn't there a croc horror film being filmed nearby anyway?

though to be fair there are numerous cryptid reports for most of the Uk cities with waterways....Birmingham has had more than its fair share of them with a notable flurry of reports of giant eels causing mayhem in the canals as well as entering gardens and devouring pets etc

http://www.mania.com/lair-beasts-creature-canal_article_120723.html

personally I don't care what paper/rag reports them...they always make a jolly good read.

on another note: how of earth in todays society can anyone take such bloody awful pictures of anything at all! ever!!!

we carry 5000 mega pixel cameras with smart phones that can record full hd video and make our coffee for us and still some blithering dumbass can only produce a photo that resembles a something from a Kodak camera of the 70's!!!

Edited by kirisute

I don't think they are happy, or many of them even living, Steve. (yes I got the sarcasm eventually :doh: )

But this man's a councillor, so he must know better than we do. The people would never vote in an idiot....would they?

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Yes, crocodiles living happily and actively in river water which is now - what, 6C? Bloody cold, anyway!

http://www.florida-guides.com/documents/cold-briefing_2_2_10.pdf

one of the primary reasons most cryptid sightings are dismissed in UK waterways. escaped snakes, crocodilians, etc etc simply cant handle the average temps of our systems unless they are lucky enough to escape/be released during a warm summer.

im not sure of the temps terrapins can handle but I know there are a few breeding colonies now; so im guessing there are other turtles etc (*seem to recall a snapping turtle pulled out of a lake somewhere a few years back?)

The natural range of the red eared terrapin extends into zone 6 of the USA - on that winter hardiness scale, the UK is zone 7-10, where smaller numbers mean lower average minimum winter temperatures - so definitely potential to overwinter here.

All,

Most "northern" crocs spend the winter in the sewers. (New York). I don't believe that and I don't believe the object in the river is a croc. In fact, I kinda think the river is moving and the object is stationary.

Phone

Looks like a log to me - but if you fancy a bit of fun down at the local duck pond, you will need a conrete weight with an eybolt in it, a couple of screw in eyes, a length of fishing line and one of these.

Just set the weight where you want it to pop up, run the line to where you're fishing/hiding and pull it tight enough to pull crocy under until someone comes to feed the ducks - then slacken off and let him pop up.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.