Shiny Reels

DavyR

Davy, the new uprated Okuma Epix Baitrunners are a nice shade of...........BLACK. Got two of them here, exceptionally nice piece of kit too.

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

the idea of bling is only for the tackle tarts its not what you've got or what names on it its how you use it and what you catch with it

stainless steel/shiny crome bah humbug!!!!!!!! :o

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

Wait a couple of years and the fashion will change back to black reels, no doubt they'll be sold with something like "Stealth matt black tm" as a dazzling new feature!

I'd be astonished if the colour or shinyness of a reel is going to be the difference between catching or not though.... Newt, you have a point!

Tim

"Ah, but I expect that yours spend most of their time on pods, not being waved around a few feet away from spooky chub in clear water?"

mmm! symetre 4000s on a pod? they are front drag spinning reels that i use exclusively for lure fishing and i mostly do that in clear water! Countless follows from pike to under my feet and i still manage to catch em and ive even caught clear water chub with them ;)

mmm! symetre 4000s on a pod? they are front drag spinning reels that i use exclusively for lure fishing and i mostly do that in clear water! Countless follows from pike to under my feet and i still manage to catch em and ive even caught clear water chub with them ;)

In that case the fish are obviously already so dazzled by your lures that they don't notice the flash from the reels...

:D

Maybe its the flash from the reels that catches the preds eye and causes the follows/takes?

Then again maybe i'm just a crap lure angler and thats why i have such bad luck when chucking a lure around.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Maybe its the flash from the reels that catches the preds eye and causes the follows/takes?

Then again maybe i'm just a crap lure angler and thats why i have such bad luck when chucking a lure around.

Try using barbless Alan... they're easier to extract when they stick in your backside!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

realy dont get all this camo rubbish! its not colour or flash that spooks fish its silohet , movment and low freqency noise! best thing to wear on a sunny day is white!

or watever! just stay quiet and keep movment to a minimum! ive seen blokes in head to toe real tree stamping ther feet to keep warm!

a shiny reel isnt going to spook any fish mate!

its not colour or flash that spooks fish its silohet , movment and low freqency noise! best thing to wear on a sunny day is white!

Ask any trout angler or clued up floater fisherman about flash scaring fish.Also it doesnt matter what colour an object is when seen in shiloette its black!You are spot on about movement though.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!