East Grinstead Angling Society.

BREAMAGAIN

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes go into wickhams in middle row and have a word with Michael (Wickham) or Adam. They are very friendly and know both EGAS & IDAC. Both clubs have some nice waters but IDAC has some very pretty waters.

But if depends on your type of fishing and what you want to target.

also just to add there are a few good day ticket fisheries around the area. very close to east grinstead is leggatts lakes (think that is how you spell it) at kingscote which is managed by wickhams.

there is tanyard fisheries at furners green, dane hill which is out towards uckfield. it is a little tricky on your first visit to find. they have 7 lakes.

and towards crawley there is a fishery call woodpeckers which has around 4 lakes. it is down a little road called the old hollow which borders poundhill and rowfant. though you have to book in advance.

northwards from east grinstead there is beaver farm which has a large number of lakes. i am not sure how many now as it has been a few years since i fished there.

as i said in my above post have a word in wickhams. they are only a small shop but have most things you need or more importantly they can get it!

maybe see you on the bank one day.

Thanks for your help chaps , will check out Wickhams this weekend.

Specifically does anyone know if the Eden Brook at Lingfield is worth fishing , it looks rather small and insignificant ?

p.s. Andrew Boyd.....Is that my Mullet you're holding ?

I joined EGAS on saturday , spent the afternoon strolling the Eden Brook , the guy in Wickham told me Carp to 15lb frequent the weir behaind Lingfield railway station , I somehow find that difficult to believe having seen it ! Took a rod and a loaf of bread out early sunday morning (bl**dy freezing) , only a single bite , but resulted in a chub of just under 4lb , great start I reckon . I'm now looking for a chum to show me the ropes on any of the other waters.