4 years

Andrew

For taking another life.

Lewis Gill, 20, was given a four-year sentence at Salisbury Crown Court after his attack gave 40-year-old Andrew Young a fatal head injury when he fell.

4 YEAR for taking a life

Is this justice. An innocent man was felled by one punch which resulted in his death.

The thug who done this had nothing to do with the incident.

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I suppose in his defense he would have said " I didn't mean to kill him " or words to that effect but he should have thought about the consequences before taking the action he did. Now one man is dead due to this idiots over reaction a life cut short, a family suffering the loss of a loved one.

No 4 yrs is too short, this is no deterrent to this sort of crime he will probably be out in two yrs, I would have thought 10 yrs was reasonable. :victory:

Edited by Lee Enfield

Hmm, I would watch the video - that wasn't a punch in anger. The discussion was between the victim and the assailant's friend, as they were walking away the assailant sucker punched him.

• Like 1

Oh, and the scumbag involved was already a convicted criminal, there's a surprise.

"Gill, who carried out the assault on 6 November, had an extra six months added to his sentence after admitting an unrelated charge of handling stolen goods and breaching a suspended sentence order."

The suspended sentence was for robbery (which is essentially the crime of theft using force or the fear of force).

• Like 1

Oh, and the scumbag involved was already a convicted criminal, there's a surprise.

"Gill, who carried out the assault on 6 November, had an extra six months added to his sentence after admitting an unrelated charge of handling stolen goods and breaching a suspended sentence order."

The suspended sentence was for robbery (which is essentially the crime of theft using force or the fear of force).

Parasite should have been given life. Scumbags like him dont deserve to be at liberty.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

A similar thing happened to a friends son of around the same age. There was an altercation outside a pub, he punched someone and they fell down. Unfortunately they banged their head and suffered a serious head injury.The lad was sent to prison.

Now, I've punched a few people over the years but luckily they didn't suffer lasting damage and no further action was taken. Maybe I was just lucky.Maybe the morally outraged amongst us never punched anyone on his way to choir practice, but it does happen.

This was a single punch. He did not follow it up with more violence as is often the case.

I am not in any way condoning his actions and I think 4 years for punching someone is probably a fair reflection of what happened. So, apparently, did the Judge, who was probably aware of more evidence than we are.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

He was ready to hit him again, but he went straight down, fairly unsurprisingly.

punch_zpsa5592401.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oC3k_4Yk5w

In my opinion, you do not hit a person like that without intending to cause serious injury. It wasn't a jab.

Edited by Steve Walker

its a tough issue;

its a cold, un provoked attack, that obvious.

however harsh reality is that the punch did not kill the victim...the fall did.

so can you argue murder in that case? I don't think you can.....yes the punch was directly connected to the victim falling and hitting his head but it wasn't the cause of death in any way shape or form.

If the victim was punched in the throat causing death by choking then its a different story.

this is similar, I would suspect, to pushing someone over; tripping them up; or similar where you are aware of the potential for injury but not deliberately seeking death or serious injury.

the difference is subtle but startling...I had a martial artist friend a few years back who got into an altercation outside a night club...he was fully insured and licenced and warned off the thug involved about his martial arts etc etc

suffice to say thug was roundly beaten and (sadly) ended up with some permanent damage as a result...mate went to court and the case was thrown out. The thug was informed that he knew the risks of continuing the affray and therefore accepted them! however the judge did make the point of stating that if my mate had not been licenced and had not provided warning he would have had the book thrown at him for performing a controlled and deliberate, calculated attack designed to cause maximum damage.

yes the chap is a pathetic scum and deserves to be hung up...but sadly our justice system is full of lawyers and do-gooders who will argue this chap free til they are blue in the face!

Edited by kirisute

So if I pushed someone onto the rail lines, or into heavy traffic I wouldn't be guilty of murder? After all, the train or vehicle would have killed them, not my push! :o That's like saying "I just pulled the trigger, the bullet actually killed him". The attack was the cause of the death, without it he would still be alive.

This was an unprovoked assault, and anyone who carries out such a thing knows that they could cause serious damage or even death. It wasn't a fight, the assailant callously, and premeditatedly, took a massive, unexpected swing at the poor guy. No warning, no pushing, no chance for the guy to defend himself, even without his illness. A cowardly attack. I would have thought more than 4yrs for that, but I wasn't the judge unfortunately.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John