Capital Punishment

toria

I don't think capital punishment is viable here in the EU, could you just imagine the fuss from the "human rights" cardigans. :blink:

Much better IMO to make prison sentences a hard time instead of being an inconvenience.

Those that are convicted should be banged up and stripped of any so-called human rights, but then, that brings us back to the cardigans.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

i say execute at dawn or draft them in as elite fodder for infantry units at war::)

hehe if you can take a life then you deserve to have yours taken fitting the crime and evidence anyway

i know your there tor hehehe msn

sg

nope too much room for mistake! hard labour get the pricks to work and pay off the accomadation and food and save us some tax!

then if new evidence comes to light wich somtimes duz, (if they live that long) they can be set free with the cash and golden hand shake, and have enuff money to start ther lives again,

basicaly wot ever job they were doing at the time of arest till time of release!

The prospect of condemning to death a possibly innocent person makes me shudder with revulsion. I am old enough to remember James Hanratty - and my father actually knew Mr Pierpoint, the last public hangman in Britain.

I quite agree with your sentiment Alan however I believe that recent DNA evidence proved that Hanratty was guilty. Also Albert Pierpoint did not carry out public hangings, at least not in the UK where I believe the last public hanging was in the mid 19th century.

Sorry to be a pedantic prig. :blink:

Cheers

Scapa

Here is a link to the Hanratty story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/1977508.stm

Edited by Scapanapper

The prospect of condemning to death a possibly innocent person makes me shudder with revulsion.

An ice axe in someones head makes me even sicker!!

For far to long the victim has been written off as a by product of crime instead of being reckonised as the central issue.

This life should mean life is a joke, three meals a day, no hard labour, tv and exercise, lets be honest it is a bloody paradise lost situation, hell they don't even have to wait two weeks for a doctors appointment, it is just one huge sick joke and it is time to bring it to an end.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

[snip]

This life should mean life is a joke, three meals a day, no hard labour, tv and exercise, lets be honest it is a bloody paradise lost situation, hell they don't even have to wait two weeks for a doctors appointment, it is just one huge sick joke and it is time to bring it to an end.

One could be forgiven for thinking that you've spent rather a lot of time banged-up in chokey ;)

Hi ST,

Let's be honest they are not there for a bloody holiday, from a shoplifter to a murderer they all know where they are going if they get caught.

They will moan about how inhumane it all is, be honest it's a standard now, the highest awards obtained inside is taking their case to the courts of human rights for mistreatment.

No one gives a toss about the poor victim.

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Hi ST,

Let's be honest they are not there for a bloody holiday, from a shoplifter to a murderer they all know where they are going if they get caught.

They will moan about how inhumane it all is, be honest it's a standard now, the highest awards obtained inside is taking their case to the courts of human rights for mistreatment.

I'm intrigued by your obvious wealth of information.

No one gives a toss about the poor victim.

Well that is not entirely true but there we go.

However, let me turn this around if I may? Lets suggest that you have a son (or daughter) whom you love dearly and have did your very best to bring them up in the best way that you could. Lets suggest your son or daughter were convicted of a murder - Say, for instance a barroom brawl that went terribly wrong, or in the instance that *could* be a possibility regarding the current unfortunate death, your son or daughter got mixed up with the wrong crowd, and in a moment of weakness got introduced to drugs, which in turn grew into a nasty and overpowering drug addiction that has caused them in a moment of desperation to commit an act that would normally be totally out of character and which has resulted in the tragic loss of life.

You know full well that deep down your son or daughter is a good person who can change. Your son or daughter is due to be executed.

This is the scenario – No changes are allowed, the correctness of the finding of guilt is irrelevant, to say this would never happen to me is not allowed – This is the exact position that you find yourself in as a father, as a parent to your child…

Now lets assume you have the ultimate decision in the matter – Will you condemn your child to death?

However, let me turn this around if I may? Lets suggest that you have a son (or daughter) whom you love dearly and have did your very best to bring them up in the best way that you could. Lets suggest your son or daughter were convicted of a murder - Say, for instance a barroom brawl that went terribly wrong, or in the instance that *could* be a possibility regarding the current unfortunate death, your son or daughter got mixed up with the wrong crowd, and in a moment of weakness got introduced to drugs, which in turn grew into a nasty and overpowering drug addiction that has caused them in a moment of desperation to commit an act that would normally be totally out of character and which has resulted in the tragic loss of life.
This is a typical concoction used to cloud the the issue.

May I ask does the shooting of the police officer, the machine gunning of an innocent young woman, or the icepick in the head of a young man fit in with your above story line, had my son been resposible for any of these he would deserve all he got.

I'm intrigued by your obvious wealth of information

I do not see you saying it is incorrect and these figures are there for all to see, clearly stating a rise in violent crime.

A very good mentor once said to me "Ken life is a ball with your eyes closed"

eat.gif

Petals Florist