Capital Punishment

toria

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know full well that deep down your son or daughter is a good person who can change. Your son or daughter is due to be executed.

This is the scenario – No changes are allowed, the correctness of the finding of guilt is irrelevant, to say this would never happen to me is not allowed – This is the exact position that you find yourself in as a father, as a parent to your child…

Now lets assume you have the ultimate decision in the matter – Will you condemn your child to death?

I find it very interesting that people have to resort to personalisation. You can't act like that you have to act as what you expect from society it's a socialogical issue not a personal one. I would turn it around and say if the death penalty were in place then they commited their crimes in full knowledge of the consequences so they chose their own fate.

Rob.

Time to draw a line?

It's been an interesting debate with both sides of the fence presenting their arguments, on the whole, in a considered and well mannered way given the emotive nature of the content and the many deep feeling that surround the issue. The matters have been debated with force, passion and probably to their full extent now, less we risk the posts become circular and/or repetitive I would suggest the matter has been flogged to death :o

There were calls at one point for a public referendum on the matter, assuming everyone has posted all that they feel they need to say would this not be a fitting juncture to close of the discussion and activate a poll (Admin, what say you)? More out of interest rather than to be considered as a scientific finding. And it does seem like a fitting way to close the emotive debate which has been conducted well and not declined into a flurry of personal insults.

Also I can't be doing another night of waxing lyrical with Ken at 3am :P

Time to draw a line?

It’s been an interesting debate with both sides of the fence presenting their arguments, on the whole, in a considered and well mannered way given the emotive nature of the content and the many deep feeling that surround the issue. The matters have been debated with force, passion and probably to their full extent now, less we risk the posts become circular and/or repetitive I would suggest the matter has been flogged to death :o

There were calls at one point for a public referendum on the matter, assuming everyone has posted all that they feel they need to say would this not be a fitting juncture to close of the discussion and activate a poll (Admin, what say you)? More out of interest rather than to be considered as a scientific finding. And it does seem like a fitting way to close the emotive debate which has been conducted well and not declined into a flurry of personal insults.

Also I can’t be doing another night of waxing lyrical with Ken at 3am :P

Edited by SandTiger

yes i think so too we have all had our say and debate both sides very well !!!! its so nice that we can hear both sides of an arguement, in a well manered , civilized way !! thanks to all who took part !!! :) toriax

hope you've relieved yourself, coz you gonna s**t !

I'm an ex convict..i've never denied it i've been inside more than once.

I love it when i sit and read peoples comments about the cushy life inside.......and its all because they believe everything they read in the honest trustworthy newspapers that wouldn't lie to them.

When i was in a YOI just outside Wigan i was up at 08:00 for breakfast and working by 09:00 i finished work at 17:00 when i wasn't working apart from an hours excercise i was banged up, do you know what i made while i was working?

The concrete posts for the barbed wire that went round the outsides of prisons, other lads made the other concrete products used in the building of prisons. (it saved the government a fortune instead of buying the stuff in)

We didn't have all the safety gear there were no ear plugs, no goggles but we did get a pair of rubber gloves and laceless boots, we had to wear the same clothes we wore the rest of the time and i got paid a whole 17p a day.

When i went to an adult prison (the Dana==shrewsbury prison) i was making the prison uniforms again it saved the government a fortune but i did earn 25p a day instead.

The private prisons now being built have cells with TV and electrical points in them, the lifers get the pleasure of having a tv along with a games console (if they buy it themselves) the Tv is "rented" to the prisoner so again the government make their money.

But they still grab a fortune in taxes off the everyday public.

Now don't take this the wrong way i'm not complaining, i did the crime & i did my time and have no problem with that, i deserved it, but it just gets to me when people believe the rubbish the papers print.

Now back to the original question...do i believe corporal punishment should be brought back, yes i do with todays massive advances in DNA testing/gathering, cctv, criminal psychologists and all the other stuff that can prove without doubt a persons guilt then yes the death penalty should be brought back in but only for specific crimes.

Edited by Alan Fawcett

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

As on previous threads and my poll (75% of you said hang 'em) I'm for a form of capital punishment for 'murder most foul'.

The UK has 'capital punishment' - but only on foreigners and mainly abroad.

I know two killers, one who is 40+ the other a mere boy.

Sure the boy could change and I don’t think he should hang but he committed a heinous act whilst drugged up.

The other has stabbed many people over the years (his weapon of choice it would seem) and once again is on remand for stabbing his flat mate in a rage.

He will do it again & he may well kill again, His mum says he should have been hung the first time!

As for if it were my own – do the crime, do the time… no excuses

Would any of the ‘antis’ wish to live next door to Mr Huntley with a young family in 20 odd years time?

Would they have Brady to tea?

Would they let Mrs West baby sit?

Would they have invited Mr Shipman to their grandmothers 80th birthday party?

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Hi Alan,

I admire your forthright comments and my cushy remarks were not aimed at people like yourself.

They were aimed at those who commit brutal methodical murders, cold blooded acts of violence. On your own admission these so called lifers get the fringe benefits where as like yourself I firmly believe they should be executed.

As ST has stated we did flog this one to death (excuse the pun) last night and during the early hours of this morning, it was a good debate despite the lack of preperation due to the short notice and all ended well.

I have to say ST has an excellent ability in putting over his views, I hope his tallent is not being wasted up there in the wild wild north ;):D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I have to say ST has an excellent ability in putting over his views, I hope his tallent is not being wasted up there in the wild wild north ;):D

Fear not! The locals are now all now converted and commited vegans and buddhists ;)

Anyways - I have a new topical debate to post - sorry :lol::lol: