Your Daddy Kills Fish

Leon Roskilly

GOD IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY! Thay say that most fish that are put back die! Tell that to Two Tone and the Traveler!!. What anoys me is that they clearly dont have a f-ing clue what there on about! Making a comic is dam right out of order. These people are messed up, they are bringing small children into our problem(anglers vs antis) and possibly making them upset.

Edited by josh

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i for one am really concerned about tree hugging, i mean have the trees consented to this unatural and perverse practice. There seems to be an imbalance here that is tantamount to abuse as trees can't give there opinion nor can legally consent. We need to get out there and save trees from those who would seek to abuse these vulnerable creatures.

:D:D

Perhaps we could get the Clown Prince to ask them how they feel about it? :D

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

That link above is great, although full of misconceptions AND noticeably lacking in comparative data.

Take Swans/Wild Fowl for example, yes, anglers might have been responsible for the deaths of 14 birds in one area, BUT how many were killed by cars, natural predators, disease and moreover the general public who tend to feed them the worst types of food. No mention of this data, because it would make the angling figures look (compartively) small.

The comments about anglers detesting anyone on their swim (boaters etc). Well yes, we tend to, but I'll quote a pretty good example. I was fishing a 'hard' match at Newark Dyke, and a bloody barge came flying through at what must have been above 4mph (the wake was massive) and straight across our lines, when in fact, he could easily of avoided us by slightly moving to the non-fishing side. Yes, boaters do take some crap off anglers but quite a lot of it is justifiable - we do not think we own the water - but people in boats (often) think that they definitely do (and in most cases remember the angler is there before the boat comes through).

You know, the argument isn't well presented it claims the NSFA research debunks the RSPCA, but it claims the NSFA is biased and the RSPCA isn't (complete crap). It was highly unlikely the RSPCA would come out and say that fishing is 'perfectly' ok, since it does contribute to the death of fish (truthfully). However, I suspect the amount of fish killed in the UK by anglers each year is only a fraction of the entire deaths (mainly caused by predators or disease) and certainly when people consider what commercial sea fishermen have done to stocks leisure anglers are making very little difference.

I suspect these people make as much use of animal based products as the rest of us in which case targetting anglers is hypocritical (for example, the computer they used to post the website needs electric which has probably polluted the atmosphere, contributed to acid rain, destroyed an animals habit (powerstation and coal mine), caused cancer to human beings, and churns out waste to sea.........

Ian W

You know, the argument isn't well presented it claims the NSFA research debunks the RSPCA, but it claims the NSFA is biased and the RSPCA isn't (complete crap). It was highly unlikely the RSPCA would come out and say that fishing is 'perfectly' ok, since it does contribute to the death of fish (truthfully). However, I suspect the amount of fish killed in the UK by anglers each year is only a fraction of the entire deaths (mainly caused by predators or disease) and certainly when people consider what commercial sea fishermen have done to stocks leisure anglers are making very little difference.

The RSPCA has moved fundamentally from an animal welfare charity to an animal rights pressure group. There's no reasoning with that mindset.

I trust you are referring to the heir of the throne? :angry:

The throne has heirs? :huh:

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Having just watched an episode of "fishing for images" on sky travel the angling fraternity were done no favours by this prog i found it distasteful the way fish were dragged around with huge lures in their mouths by so called anglers all for the sake of a photograph and to see them revel in it was offensive and lends credence to the anti's point of view

I coarse fish and believe in fish care but fond this disturbing

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com